Sexy time!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Sexy time!
Alas I am going request a swarm of opinions on my skinkers sex.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Sexy time!
I have never seen a male gigas with those proportions. Body, tail, head all appear female to me.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Sexy time!
Males aren't that voluptuous! I'm saying girl for sure. 
-
New2Blues
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 45
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:16 pm
- Country:
- Location: California
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Sexy time!
Males aren't that voluptuous!
That is the best word to describe lady skinks ever!! I'm so using that
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: Sexy time!
Katrina wrote:Males aren't that voluptuous! I'm saying girl for sure.
I must say I recall having been called that myself a time or two as well so I am certain it was a compliment...HAHAHA!
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Lauriek
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
- Country:
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Sexy time!
Could be an overweight male ... 
Did I read somewhere that females tend to be longer in the body in proportion to the tail ... or have I made this up?

Did I read somewhere that females tend to be longer in the body in proportion to the tail ... or have I made this up?

Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
- Panana_Blue
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 67
- Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm
- Country:
- Location: Malaysia
Re: Sexy time!
I really got no clue to say....but really chungky...
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
Re: Sexy time!
I want to hug her! She looks so huggable!
I consider voluptuous a compliment - Ive always taken it to mean full and curvy, but in a really aesthetically pleasing way? I could be wrong?
I consider voluptuous a compliment - Ive always taken it to mean full and curvy, but in a really aesthetically pleasing way? I could be wrong?
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: Sexy time!
I saw the title to this thread and I thought it was going to be a very different thread....
Cay T.
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: Sexy time!
Merriam-Webster Dictionary : Voluptuous - full of delight or pleasure to the senses : conducive to or arising from sensuous or sensual gratification
Sooooo...like I said, COMPLIMENT! She is not overweight, as Katrina stated in another very recent post of mine with a picture of her and we ALL know if Kat says so IT IS CORRECT!!!!
Perhaps some people were getting confused by the the word, and were thinking of this one, VOLUMINOUS, which of course means (according to the same source above) : having or marked by great volume or bulk
As for the title of the thread, I was having a Borat moment.
Sooooo...like I said, COMPLIMENT! She is not overweight, as Katrina stated in another very recent post of mine with a picture of her and we ALL know if Kat says so IT IS CORRECT!!!!
As for the title of the thread, I was having a Borat moment. When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Sexy time!
Nae wrote:I consider voluptuous a compliment - Ive always taken it to mean full and curvy, but in a really aesthetically pleasing way? I could be wrong?
Yep, my girl skinkers are all voluptuous. Full and curvy perfection. Compared to the boys they look overweight, but I always get mad at Duncan when he calls them fat. They aren't fat, they are big boned!
This thread has a pretty good comparison pic. Male and female, same age, same diet exactly. The proportion of body to tail is different, females tend to have longer bodies to fit all those babies in them. Not all are easy to sex visually and I'm only familiar with Merauke and Northerns, but in some cases it is fairly obvious like the first pic in the linked thread.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17359
Nice to know someone thinks I'm always right! But always feel free to correct / question me if you think I maynot be right...
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: Sexy time!
and now, to simplify this sexing thread for more readers, id like to write that females produce body fat much more efficiently when eating the same amounts of food males do, while males produce and keep muscles more efficiently......so if this counts for skinks as well, and they are given the same amounts of food and looks quite a lot more voluptuous, there is a simple explanation. (unless the skinks have parasites or a health issue that make them bloated or the like. of course there are exceptions, thats what makes it hard to sex them D:)
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Sexy time!
haha i knew it was a compliment, just thought it was a funny albeit fantastic word to describe the curviness of the female skink body. 
My boyfriend comes from a family of big boned people, so i've heard that word a lot
Also, I am apparently become "voluptuous" too, whereas i used to be almost anorexically thin by nature. I am enjoying the improvement. >D
My boyfriend comes from a family of big boned people, so i've heard that word a lot
Also, I am apparently become "voluptuous" too, whereas i used to be almost anorexically thin by nature. I am enjoying the improvement. >D
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
Re: Sexy time!
nice big merauke
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 308 guests
