Hello All.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
snakeman478
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 am
Country:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Hello All.

Postby snakeman478 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Hey guys and girls. I have recently joined the forum but havent had time to introduce myself. My name is Johnny, I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have been keeping reptiles of all persuasions since 1996 but over the last few years have gotten a bit bored of snakes. So over the last few seasons i have been focusing on bluey morphs. My current bluey collection consists of albino easterns, het for albino easterns, hyper (black) easterns, het for hyper easterns, QLD easterns, VIC easterns, a bunch of locality unknown easterns, het for axantic easterns and Reduced Patterned easterns. Also have WHITE phase northerns. All up i have about 25 blueys so far. I also keep a few species of large monitors (Laceys, Spencers and Sandies. With Perenties to come shortly) This season i will be looking to add some Kimberley northerns, WA westerns and NSW blotchies. I will endeavour to add some pics when im back home (i work away in the mines) Cheers and i hope i have posted this thread in the right place. If not then i apologise in advance.
Live every day as if its your last, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Welcome to the site. Pictures please!!!!!
Cay T.
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Welcome! Can't wait to see pics, although I'm jealous already...
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
snakeman478
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 am
Country:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby snakeman478 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks. i will be back home in 2 weeks so will get heaps of pics then. Everyone is just coming out of brumation so could get lucky and get some mating pics. Btw. Im jealous of youse being able to keep IJ's and Meraukes. And some of those northerns over your way are STUNNING
Live every day as if its your last, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi there...I'm MiMi, (I'm new here, myself)
I'm Canadian, I've got an IJ named Icky, and I'm looking forward to your pics.



Also...I've just noticed you're a chef...oooooooooooo!!!! Cool.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Snakeman. Welcome to the forum. I am personally thrilled to see you here! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your skinks too, but completely understand that it will be a couple weeks before you are able. PLEASE know that your participation on this forum highly valued by many of us. I hope you will stick around!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:02 pm

PERENTIE!!!! PERENTIE!!!! PERENTIE!!!!! :banana:
You are living what I will be living in 8 years :drool:
Savannah monitors, dumerils monitors, blue tegus, and of course blueys :D
What type of lacies do you have?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
snakeman478
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 am
Country:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby snakeman478 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 am

Hey MiMi. Being a chef is not all its cracked up to be. 2 more years and im out. @Jeff, thanks for the welcome. hopefully i can learn some things here and hopefully also pass on some of my experiences. @xxmonitorlizardxx, i wwould love to keep some of the OS monitor species but have to be content with our aussie natives. I currently have 2 adult pairs of lacies- 1pr South East QLD (Gold Coast) locale and also an adult pair of NSW Central Coast 'lemon yellows'. I will be breeding the SEQ ones this season but unfortunately the 'lemon yellow' female injured her mouth a few months ago and needed to go on antibiotics. so due to her compromised immune system i didnt want to risk brumating her and kept 24hr heat on her through winter. I would rather wait till next season.
Live every day as if its your last, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Jeff wrote:Hi Snakeman. Welcome to the forum. I am personally thrilled to see you here! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your skinks too, but completely understand that it will be a couple weeks before you are able. PLEASE know that your participation on this forum highly valued by many of us. I hope you will stick around!


Agree with this 110%! Welcome! :D I also look forward to when you have time to post pictures.
User avatar
Hopeful_Herper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 pm
Country:
Location: Elk Grove, Ca

Postby Hopeful_Herper » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 pm

post every picture you have of them, then take more and post those

continue this cycle forever
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Postby Richard.C » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:26 pm

welcome snakeman,u have the same tastes as me reptile wise,well large agamids for me to,and no,your not a chef to,looking forward to seeing some pics and hope u have a good season
User avatar
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Country:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Lauriek » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:11 am

:welcome: another Aussie yay :banana:
And WHERE are the pictures, hmm? :wink:
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 am

welcome! cant wait to see pics :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
snakeman478
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 am
Country:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hello All.

Postby snakeman478 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:26 am

So my bluey breeding season didnt go too well this year but my laceys are killing it. Got 3 clutches (2 bells and 1 gold coast locale) cooking and the boys are still trying to make sexy time with my girls, so fingers crossed for some double clutches from the ladies. BTW if anyone has been following my bluey breeding attempts then im gutted to say that my 66% poss het albino male bluey didnt prove out and now i have 20 odd baby 50% poss albino het blueys. Ah well.
Live every day as if its your last, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 142 guests