Thor confirmed a He! (I think)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Thor confirmed a He! (I think)

Postby StaceyLeigh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 pm

I think I found a sperm plug today from Thor. Actually I saw it come out of him outside on the grass. So I used a small branch, picked it up and put it on a piece of dark construction paper for a picture. It was very stretchy, like egg white, and long and very thin. Here is the pictures, taken with cell phone, so not the best. I am very excited that I may have figured out the sex of 1 of my bts!
Image
Image

If anyone can confirm from the pictures please post!

Had the 2 skinks outside today for some sun, it got to 70 here today and sunny, we are in Central NY, I bet we broke a record!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:23 pm

It's a boy!!!
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks, I am very excited, now I just have 1 more to figure out. It would be great if Ember is female so we could consider breeding in a couple of years.
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 am

Looks like seminal plugs to me.
James Wilson
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Ditto.

8)
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 281 guests