Seasons Photo Contest - Place your vote!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!

Place your vote!

Poll ended at Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Photo 1
1
3%
Photo 2
3
10%
Photo 3
3
10%
Photo 4
4
14%
Photo 5
1
3%
Photo 6
1
3%
Photo 7
0
No votes
Photo 8
9
31%
Photo 9
7
24%
 
Total votes: 29
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Seasons Photo Contest - Place your vote!

Postby Katrina » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Wow - thank you so much for the excellent submissions! We had under ten entries, so a couple people submitted two photos. Thanks to everyone who took the time to send these in. :D

Voting will continue until noon, GMT, Sunday November 6th. Good luck!

Photo 1:
Image

Photo 2:
Image

Photo 3:
Image

Photo 4:
Image

Photo 5:

Image

Photo 6:
Image

Photo 7:
Image

Photo 8:
Image

Photo 9:
Image
Last edited by Katrina on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm

LOL I love the expression for number 2 :rofl:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Same :lol:

"How dare you go and die on me human! Now who is going to feed me!!? I hope you feel ashaaamed..."

Actually, that reminds me of a suggestion I had Katrina - How about alternating a photo contest with a caption contest? Even though Im no good at captions, it would give us without blueys, cameras, photography skills, a decent place to take a photo etc to get in on the competition, and hopefully have a few laughs :D
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Ooh - great idea! Were you thinking like posting one photo and having people caption it - best caption = winner? Or people submitting their pics with captions and having people vote on the pic + caption?

Either would be a great idea. I love the idea. :D thanks!!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:51 pm

I was thinking along the lines of the one photo idea :D
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm a traditional girl I guess, I voted for 3, love the cute skink on the pumpkin! :lol:
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:13 pm

they were all so great! i finally have a camera, but i missed on this contest.
I voted 9, because hes sticking out his tongue at the camera with such a saucy expression, all while being super cool and hanging from an eye socket lol.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Captions:
Photo 1 - "I know im handsome you cant resist taking a pic of me"
Photo 2 -" Thanks mom/dad How am I suposed to eat that?"
Photo 3 - "Can I eat this? Huh? for dinner? is this for me, can I eat this please?"
Photo 4 - "I have to share the ground with these things now? Fine I guess so"
Photo 5 - "What are these things? I think they might be leaves... Can I eat them?"
Photot 6 - "What is this obstical in my way.. RIP.. whos that?"
Photo 7 - "Betcha cant find me!"
Photo 8 - "For Halloween im going to be a Trap door spider. AND Nows my chance!"
Photo 9 - "Ugg, that bugg isnt going down to well. I think im gunna hurl"
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Nae wrote:I was thinking along the lines of the one photo idea :D


Great idea! Love it! I will start looking for a 'caption this' photo right away! :D

We did similar things a little while back (Leigh was amazing for captioning things), one was a new years resolution one. I have two old ones:
Image
Image
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Hahaha! Love em :D
User avatar
Scooter_in_Kindergarten
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
Country:
Location: Central Florida

Postby Scooter_in_Kindergarten » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 pm

LOL,
I love the quotes added. Good Idea.
I voted 2 because he/she has such a cute facial expression . :)
User avatar
JuggalinJuggalette
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:00 pm
Country:

Number 2

Postby JuggalinJuggalette » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Picture number 2 reminds me of Hamlet
"To be? Or not to be?" Too cute! Like others say, the expression is priceless!
Image

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 261 guests