Well for the most part. Im revamping his old one. Ive only got $100 so well see what his cage end up being.. Ill post pics along the way.
Anyone have any tips or hits?
Im mainly using wood (Not pine or cedar)
Left over plexy I have
and .. Not sure what else yet
Ruckus gets a new tank!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Okay, so Ive decided against making him a new tank. Ill just make his old one better. My Bf put up more vynal to keep the moisture in and Weve set the lights up diffrently. Ive also added a ceramic light at night just over his hide
Ive also made a bin with moist coco husk in it. I figure he can go in there and digg around our chill out in the hut I put there. That might beable to keep the moisture up. (hes only got paper down now because im trying to keep it as sterile as possible.
Ive also decided not to do anything to the tank because we got a closing date on the house so I dont want to stress him out too much before the big move.
Ive also made a bin with moist coco husk in it. I figure he can go in there and digg around our chill out in the hut I put there. That might beable to keep the moisture up. (hes only got paper down now because im trying to keep it as sterile as possible.
Ive also decided not to do anything to the tank because we got a closing date on the house so I dont want to stress him out too much before the big move.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
I really just wanted to shorten the tank hight wise. If I did that id only have to take foot off the lengh in total. So I wouldent really be making it that much smaller.
Do you think 79 is to hot at night?
He sleeps on the top of his condo under a rock (Hes got the penthouse and loves it)
I temp gunned the top of his rock and it said 79 I dont know what it is on the inside though. I didnt want to wake him up
Do you think 79 is to hot at night?
He sleeps on the top of his condo under a rock (Hes got the penthouse and loves it)
I temp gunned the top of his rock and it said 79 I dont know what it is on the inside though. I didnt want to wake him up
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 397 guests
