Ruckus is on Panacur
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Ruckus is on Panacur
Ill google it, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on Panacure. The vet only told me to give it to him once a week for 4 weeks. I had to call to see if it needs refridgerationg (which it doesnt), But What else do I need to know about it?
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
I remembered Brad saying recently he has used Panacur, and gets it quite cheaply.
ReptileKing: If I had to pay for a fecal exam, they range from $10-$20 to do. I can get enough dewormer (panacur) to treat all 20 of my skinks multiple times for less than $5.
Maybe PM him for information?
ReptileKing: If I had to pay for a fecal exam, they range from $10-$20 to do. I can get enough dewormer (panacur) to treat all 20 of my skinks multiple times for less than $5.
Maybe PM him for information?
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
I wish I was Brad it cost me $42 for the panacur.
I just read some info and it says as a side effect it could cause him to become lethargic.. That might be the reason why today was the first day in over a month he slept all day. He didnt even come out once! Ill definatly PM Brad though and see what he says
I just read some info and it says as a side effect it could cause him to become lethargic.. That might be the reason why today was the first day in over a month he slept all day. He didnt even come out once! Ill definatly PM Brad though and see what he says
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
It has been some time since I have dealt with parasites (both internal and external, thank goodness!). However, Panacur is a very safe and effective drug. Really, I would not worry at all.
Ouch on the price though! My vet dilutes the large animal version for me to use.
Im assuming you have the liquid version? I have seen/heard of people using the powdered version typically used for dogs and cats. The only issue with this is they are to sprinkle it on top of food and hope and pray the animal eats all of it. I prefer the liquid and just syringe it down the throat.
If there is anything else I missed from the PM, just ask again. Ill go and double check as well. But nothing to be worried about really. Very safe medication.
Ouch on the price though! My vet dilutes the large animal version for me to use.
Im assuming you have the liquid version? I have seen/heard of people using the powdered version typically used for dogs and cats. The only issue with this is they are to sprinkle it on top of food and hope and pray the animal eats all of it. I prefer the liquid and just syringe it down the throat.
If there is anything else I missed from the PM, just ask again. Ill go and double check as well. But nothing to be worried about really. Very safe medication.
Brad
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 205 guests
