Gauge and Krueger's Outdoor Adventure!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ILoveMyMonsters
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:03 pm
Country:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Gauge and Krueger's Outdoor Adventure!

Postby ILoveMyMonsters » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Hooray! I resolved the the problem with the photos and I have now posted the complete "album." :mrgreen: It was incredibly nice out yesterday for this time of year, so I brought Gauge outside for some basking and exploration alongside my gentle Shar Pei, Krueger.

As a cautionary note, my dog has been raised with smaller animals (rats, mice, fish, etc.) since puppyhood, and is very well trained. He is always closely supervised. He is not a typical example of how a canine (or other animal) may behave, so interspecies relationships like his and Gauge's are extraordinarily rare. In some cases this could result in serious injury or death for the skink. Furthermore, I am an experienced handler. Please do not imitate what you see in a couple of these photos.

Image

Pardon my Intrusion on this One :lol: :shock:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by ILoveMyMonsters on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Gauge - Northern Blue Tongued Skink
• Krueger - Chinese Shar Pei
• Alban - Variegated Blaze Rat
• Havoc - Double Rex x Patchwork Hairless Rat
• Sushi - Betta
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:11 pm

I love his markings. That may also be the most extreme overbite I have ever seen! I think you may have the king of all the "beak" skinks!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
ILoveMyMonsters
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:03 pm
Country:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Postby ILoveMyMonsters » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Or queen :D

I have no idea what is up with the overbite.
• Gauge - Northern Blue Tongued Skink

• Krueger - Chinese Shar Pei

• Alban - Variegated Blaze Rat

• Havoc - Double Rex x Patchwork Hairless Rat

• Sushi - Betta
KateBeer
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:08 am
Country:
Location: UK

Postby KateBeer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:09 am

I have a Merauke (Captive farmed) and he has an overbite too (yours wins though) And until the other day I didnt know it could have been young/infantile MBD when reading about this fella. You learn something new every day! Great outdoor photos!
ILoveMyMonsters
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:03 pm
Country:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Postby ILoveMyMonsters » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 am

KateBeer wrote:I have a Merauke (Captive farmed) and he has an overbite too (yours wins though) And until the other day I didnt know it could have been young/infantile MBD when reading about this fella. You learn something new every day! Great outdoor photos!


At this point I'm not sure of the cause of her overbite. She has always had a slight one, but it's more prominent now that she is older. MBD is kind of off the table at this point, but I'm still waiting to hear back from her vet. I'll ask him then about it.

But thank you! It wasn't easy getting some of those! :mrgreen:
• Gauge - Northern Blue Tongued Skink

• Krueger - Chinese Shar Pei

• Alban - Variegated Blaze Rat

• Havoc - Double Rex x Patchwork Hairless Rat

• Sushi - Betta

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 155 guests