New to Blue Tounges. Looking for an ID

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
LoveyDove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm
Country:
Location: New York

New to Blue Tounges. Looking for an ID

Postby LoveyDove » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:57 pm

There was a Blue Tounge at the pet store. She had been there for over 2 months and I finally couldn't stand seeing her inside a tiny tank. The day I decided, I had been looking in her tank and she was just laying there with sad eyes, I made kissing noises at her and she started lifting her head up to look at me and at that point I knew I needed to bring her home.

By the way I have no idea whether she is male or female, I just feel like shes a she.

I am interested in knowing what species she is, any ideas?

Here is Princess Kira!!

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 pm

You have a gorgeous Indonesian!! :D

I have a bluey named Kira too, so it is an excellent name choice.

I have to warn you... I also had a strong feeling that my Kira was a girl. :oops: Now I have a boy named Kira. I hope it works out better for you, but if your Kira is a boy as well then they can start a club or something. :lol:

Welcome to the forum!!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:11 pm

very pretty skink!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 pm

As Kat said, it is a Tiliqua gigas gigas or an Indonesian. Very healthy looking skink!

I would disagree with you and have a feeling that it is a male ;)
Brad
User avatar
LoveyDove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby LoveyDove » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Thank you for the ID, I was thinking she was an Indonesian from looking at pictures on here but wasn't sure. :)

I hope she doesn't turn out to be a he, my boyfriend wants her to be a he and I want her to be a her.

Thanks for the welcome! :)
User avatar
LoveyDove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby LoveyDove » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Shhhhh my boyfriend doesn't need to know she might be male. lol
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Postby Scotts1au » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:14 am

I'm with Reptile King on that one.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:25 am

His red tummy really goes well with the green nails, quite a fashion statement you got going there ;)

Hes so pretty, welcome to the forums :D
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Postby realis88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 am

in Indonesia few enthusiasts tiliqua gigas
User avatar
LoveyDove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby LoveyDove » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:08 pm

lol thanks everyone! Had a family emergency so haven't been around. But shhhhh lol I am still calling him Princess Kira lol, at least until I think of a manly name.... hmmmm maybe, he may just have to stay with the girly name lol
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:56 am

If your 'she' turns out to be a 'he',
just change his name from Princess Kira to Prince Kiro.

He'll be like the "Orlando" of Skinks.
(well, in reverse...but y'know)
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 am

I believe somebody here is actually in possession of a male kira :lol:
User avatar
LoveyDove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby LoveyDove » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 am

Prince Kiro really isn't a bad idea, I might like that. Thanks for the idea. :D And yes Nae, Katrina told me that she has a Kira that she thought was female but ended up being male.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Ah yes, how did I completely miss that :doh: I was thinking to myself "I have read it recently, but who was it!?!?!" :lol: :lol: Katrina said it right flippen there!! Yeah...
User avatar
LoveyDove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby LoveyDove » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:43 pm

lol that happens to me all the time and then im like DUH!! :doh:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 244 guests