New BTS owner: Weird scales on lips

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
PlinkoPachinko
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm
Country:
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

New BTS owner: Weird scales on lips

Postby PlinkoPachinko » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Hii, I'm a new BTS owner! I'd been wanting a BTS for about a year and finally decided to buy one from www.captivebred.com.

I couldn't be happier! She's adorable, sweet, clever and a great eater. One thing I noticed though was this odd little scale on her lower jaw. She has it on both sides.

Image
Image


I noticed when she flicks her tongue to smell, or opens her mouth, there's a tooth right where that odd scale is (just a bit inside the mouth).
Image
Image


Is this something I should be worried about? it doesn't seem to bother her, it just looks weird. :?

and so it's not just pictures of her lip, here's a cute picture I took at a little park the other day.
Image


I lurk this website every day and only just now made an account. I love all the posts here!!!

EDIT: I sure feel dumb! It was just a bit of stuck shed. D'OH! :doh:
Last edited by PlinkoPachinko on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Karibell85
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm
Country:
Location: Portland OR

Postby Karibell85 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm

My IJ has it too. It never seems to bother him tho. He sometimes gets his substrate in it and i have to get it out but other than that i think its pretty normal

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 304 guests