Moving with a BTS from Canada to the USA

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Moving with a BTS from Canada to the USA

Postby MissMeg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Okay I Ive been looking at what I need to do in order to bring Ruckus across the boarder when I move. The refered me to a form.. I dont think This one applies to me.

Could anyone tell me if im wrong.

I sent an email back, and Ive contacted other group of people but havent heard back yet :(

http://www.fws.gov/le/ImpExp/Contact_Info_Ports.htm

http://www.fws.gov/le/pdffiles/3-177-1.pdf - Form

Ms. .....

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. No permits would be necessary to bring your pets into the U.S. However, you will have to complete a Wildlife Declaration Form 3-177 upon entry and please contact the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wildlife inspectors at the port of entry where you will be arriving. You can find the list of ports of entry on our web site at <http://www.fws.gov/le/ImpExp/Contact_Info_Ports.htm>. You should also check with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service at: <www.aphis.usda.gov> for any other additional regulations.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Center - Tier II
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service


If this form applies to me, could someone help me fill it out. Im not sure how to.

I will aslo keep you guys updated when I hear back.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Call the custom's port you are planning to go through and ask there?
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 am

Lol Didnt think of that, I tried to calling the wildlife but apparently I cant call rom Canada?? Anyways ill call the port athority.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 374 guests