PETCO $1 PER GALLON SALE!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

PETCO $1 PER GALLON SALE!

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Today is the last day to purchase a tank at petco for $1 per gallon. if you're looking for a new 40 gal breeder tank petco is selling it for $40.
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 am

GGGGRRRR!!!
I hate it when I hear about sales that happen somewhere I am not.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:02 am

lol MiMi I hate hearing about sales when i have no money for them! :D
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:00 pm

@ mimi ME TOO!!!
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Petco does this sale at least 3-4 times a year. It's a great deal, but remember, at those prices the screened lid will cost almost as much as the tank.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Jeff wrote:at those prices the screened lid will cost almost as much as the tank.



:roll:


That's like trying to tell us women that we really don't need another pair of black heels, Jeff.

BUT THEY'RE ON SALE!!!!!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:31 pm

MiMi wrote:
Jeff wrote:at those prices the screened lid will cost almost as much as the tank.



:roll:


That's like trying to tell us women that we really don't need another pair of black heels, Jeff.

BUT THEY'RE ON SALE!!!!!

:kw:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 pm

A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.

A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

:hehe:
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:10 pm

@ monitorlizard- Lol!!!
@ fatal_S- 0_O
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Fatal_S wrote:A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.

A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

:hehe:


I will be spreading this ingeniously wise quote all around...
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:48 am

Fatal_S wrote:A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.

A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

:hehe:

This is true. As a man, I am in and out of the store and got the best deal.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 am

JoshChimera wrote:This is true. As a man, I am in and out of the store and got the best deal.


lol...the implication that I'd automatically be slow while hitting a sale is ridiculous.
My consumerism efficiency is HIGHLY honed!

I challenge you to a shopping show-down, sir!

*tosses gauntlet down*

But seriously, folks. My comment was intended as humour.
...an effort to console myself, as I could really use a larger aquarium,
and there's a severe lack of sales near me.

It'd be nice if it didn't trundle down into gender-biased generalizations.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:23 pm

lol Fatal S I"m so reposting this on my fb, i know a lot of my girlfriends will get a kick out of this :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:26 pm

I saw that joke in a humor book, and have seen it online a few times since. I love it! I'm terribly sexist, but against both genders, so I think it works out :D
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 am

"Things you do not need at a price you cannot resist"

common quote x)
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:20 am

lol lightchii...i always need more empty tanks, the better to convince my boyfriend to let me get just one more reptile...I've even gotten breeder colonies of mice that way! 0>D
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
ExtremeJustin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
Country: USA
Location: Tampa,Florida

Postby ExtremeJustin » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:38 am

In Tampa Petco is still doing the $1 per gallon sale. I was just there yesterday. Anyone interested might want to check their local Petco just to be sure.
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 151 guests