Another Moving with a BTS
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Another Moving with a BTS
Im pretty sure this onee has been done before, but I cant rember the outcome of the post.
My question is, If I'm moving from Canada to the States. How do I transport Ruckus. (Ill probably sell/give away my geckos) Does he need to get quarinteend (spelling?). I remember someone mentioning to put him in a box the states his name what he is and "Harmless Live Animal" or something along thoes lines.
My question is, If I'm moving from Canada to the States. How do I transport Ruckus. (Ill probably sell/give away my geckos) Does he need to get quarinteend (spelling?). I remember someone mentioning to put him in a box the states his name what he is and "Harmless Live Animal" or something along thoes lines.
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
Heres the thread your probably thinking of -
http://bluetongueskinks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18160
But its in regards to moving around the US, not country hopping, so other then the packing info and such, it might be a bit irrelevant.
I have no knowledge of Canada/US border laws, so I cant help anymore Im afraid
http://bluetongueskinks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18160
But its in regards to moving around the US, not country hopping, so other then the packing info and such, it might be a bit irrelevant.
I have no knowledge of Canada/US border laws, so I cant help anymore Im afraid
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
It's technically illegal to transport a live animal across the border without the proper paperwork. I also don't think that bringing a LTC bluey from Canada to the U.S. is going to cause any of the problems that the laws were enacted to prevent. Your options are to call Fish & Wildlife and U.S. customs to find out what you need to do, or to pack your skink discretely in your car and drive across the border without telling anyone about it.
I would never suggest that anyone should ever break the law, but I will tell you that Fish & Chips can be VERY frustrating to work with.
I would never suggest that anyone should ever break the law, but I will tell you that Fish & Chips can be VERY frustrating to work with.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
"Remember, exotic pet moves are tailored to individual species, so it is important to contact the USDA and US Fish and Wildlife to ask for any import requirements they might have in place."
http://www.mypetmove.com/page/what-you- ... know-about
There are also lots of pet-transport companies that will move your pet for you, even across countries, but it can cost over $1000 (some/all is tax deductible as a moving expense I believe).
http://www.mypetmove.com/page/what-you- ... know-about
There are also lots of pet-transport companies that will move your pet for you, even across countries, but it can cost over $1000 (some/all is tax deductible as a moving expense I believe).
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
-
BTSspartan
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am
- Country:
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
MissMeg wrote:I might be moving to Durham(or surrounding area) NC. I think that Coomassie is 6 hours from there. I wonder what the laws are on "Selling" reptiles. Maybe I could ship him there and pick him up on the way.
But ill deffinatly call those people and check out that website.
Shipping won't work - you will need to cross the border with him as far as anyone on here as figured out.
-
BTSspartan
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am
- Country:
MissMeg wrote:I might be moving to Durham(or surrounding area) NC. I think that Coomassie is 6 hours from there. I wonder what the laws are on "Selling" reptiles. Maybe I could ship him there and pick him up on the way.
But ill deffinatly call those people and check out that website.
i live in centreville virginia depending on how soon youre moving if you can find a way to ship him to me most of my family lives in danville virginia (5 hours south on the border of NC) i could take him down with me and you could drive there and meet me if i remember correctly its only a 1 or 2 our drive
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Kat says that shipping wont work. I think Im going to just take hime,
Thanks for the offer though.
My dad has to call the vet at the boarder anyways because of the birds we have.
He thinks if we put Ruckus in his SUV it will be less likely for them to seach his car, because hes already claiming the birds. Then once weve crossed Ill put him back in my car.
I dont know if I should do this though. Im going to go to the vet anyways and get papers and stuff just incase. And see what she says.I just hope Ruckus doesnt have any parasites or diseases. (He didnt last vet visit... which was a long time ago)
We are probably leaving Anywhere from oct - dec We are waiting for the house to sell
Thanks for the offer though.
My dad has to call the vet at the boarder anyways because of the birds we have.
He thinks if we put Ruckus in his SUV it will be less likely for them to seach his car, because hes already claiming the birds. Then once weve crossed Ill put him back in my car.
I dont know if I should do this though. Im going to go to the vet anyways and get papers and stuff just incase. And see what she says.I just hope Ruckus doesnt have any parasites or diseases. (He didnt last vet visit... which was a long time ago)
We are probably leaving Anywhere from oct - dec We are waiting for the house to sell
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
That was for going to the USA and bringing the skink back to Canada. Bringing the skink to the USA is going to be different, USA laws are not the same as ours. You definitely need to contact the USDA and US Fish and Wildlife to ask what you need to know/do/have. And definitely let us know what they tell you, I'd love to be able to send skinks to and from the US in the future 
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 200 guests
