How do you "glue" your pvc pipes to basking rock?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Tscott667
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 pm
- Country:
How do you "glue" your pvc pipes to basking rock?
I know there are sealants out there for this and even hot glue. I was wondering, since I have a lot of sealants at my disposal because my aunt runs a roofing business, what type of sealant have you used if you use any. Do you think he will try to lick the sealant, if so I guess I'll have to find one that's not poisonous. I have Silicon Sealant Chem Calk 1200 but afraid to use that.....
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
I think most people use aquarium-safe-silicone.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Tscott667
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 pm
- Country:
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Just wanted to make sure it got to you.
Aside from aquarium silicone or hot glue, I wouldn't even consider using anything else. With other sealants you have to worry about the fumes they put off.
Btw- Photos are the law around here. Even if its photos of decorations. So...
Post some some pictures!
Aside from aquarium silicone or hot glue, I wouldn't even consider using anything else. With other sealants you have to worry about the fumes they put off.
Btw- Photos are the law around here. Even if its photos of decorations. So...
Post some some pictures!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 244 guests
