Pictures...

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Pictures...

Postby Fatal_S » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 am

6 Baby Northern Blue Tongue Skinks.
Born July 30, 2011.
Pictures!!!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage
Image

THE PROUD PARENTS:
Evita:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Wasp:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 am

Hurraaay!!! Congrats, such a cute little bunch!!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 am

Thanks :D I'm super excited. I was not expecting babies from her since she only bred once. Was changing the water for all the skinks and suddenly there were tiny skinks looking at me :cloud9:
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 am

Wow, how cute :love: Great looking parents. Congrats!
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 am

They are too cute!!!!! I'm loving all the baby pictures.
Cay T.
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby WanderingChai » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

So cute!!!!!!!!!!! :ohyes:
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:49 pm

lololololololololololololololololololololololololol
I was right about to ask how they were.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
ssr
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:34 pm
Country:
Location: Iowa

Postby ssr » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

:thumbs: Way to go! :D
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Postby Roheryn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow, congrats on the little critters :D
each day's a gift, not a given right.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby Alioop » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Yaaaaay!!! Congratulations!!!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Do adult skinks care for the young? I am not sure they do. I have read in a book to seperate them from the adults because the adults could trample the young. Congratulations, Fatal_S! They are spectacular.

Are you planning on finding the babies homes?
Last edited by JoshChimera on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks everyone. They're doing fantastic and will hopefully have their first shed soon. They're so amazingly small and friendly and soft and curious and just wonderful.

Josh, the adults do not care for babies, but some moms can be protective. However, most moms ignore and occasionally a mom kills babies, so they were removed from mom as soon as I noticed them.

After a couple sheds I hope to find all 6 great new homes. I'll probably be pretty picky about who gets one. These are not only my first litter, but from my two most-brilliantly colored Northerns. I'm trying not to get too attached, but it's hard, and I've already got a favorite.
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Way to go! They are nice looking little beauties for sure.
James Wilson
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:35 pm

:woo: They are gorgeous!!

I absolutely love the dark colors on the parents, what a beautiful pairing. :woo:

Now to convince the boyfriend that we desperately need two or three of these little guys... :innocent:
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:38 pm

I bet are attached to them! I would be too! You can only get these skinks to people in Canada right? Since it would be so tough and pricey for someone in the states to obtain them from you right, Fatal_S?
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Kat, if I had a way of knowing which would be females I'd send them home with you to help even out the population over there :)

Josh, for now, yes, I'll only be selling within Canada. I do know how to get skinks from the US, but haven't figured out how to send them back yet, so it's not a current option. In the future, it's possible.

I'm hoping the babies shed soon so I can take new pictures of their pretty colors. Right now they're all just dark and pretty much the same (except Tubby, my favorite, who's simply fat). They're now almost a week old and eating great. They're no longer as squishy as they were, and are very curious and active little guys.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 400 guests