Help!?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 pm

I use conventional substrates most of the time, but I do use carpet for my gravid females, and skinks that I am monitoring closely for any reason. I get my carpet from Home Depot or Lowe's in the carpet department. I buy it off the roll. I have been using indoor/outdoor carpet that is pretty much the same thing as "repttile carpet". It is liike 12' wide, so 3' of it is enough for (6) 36"x 18" enclosures. It is very cheap to buy this way. I had never thought about the toe thing that James mentioned. I think I will upgrade to artificial turf for this reason. The artificial turf can be bought off the roll as well, and it is even cheaper than what I have been using.

I clean mine exactly like James described, but after I hose it off, I throw the pieces in the washing machine.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 244 guests