2010 Northern BTS from Jeff (Photos)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

2010 Northern BTS from Jeff (Photos)

Postby James Wilson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:47 pm

I was very fortunate to end up with two of Jeff's awesome babies last year (2010). One is from Michelle x Tiger breeding. He has turned out to be a male based on the presence of nice distinctive seminal plugs he was dropping in late winter and spring. He is 20 inches long. I call him "Outback" Here are a couple photos:

Image
Image

In addition, I have another one of Jeff's 2010 babies. This one is from Anika x Tiger breeding, and I suspect it is a male, but am not sure. It looked like it dropped some smaller more inconspicuous little seminal plugs, but They were not distinctive enough for me to be 100% sure. I will know for sure this coming season. This one is also 20 inches long (not too bad for a yearling). I call this one Walkabout, but its name is subject to change according to its sex once it is determined.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by James Wilson on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James Wilson
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you for those pictures James! I have been meaning to ask you if I could get some pictures of those two from last year. I loved those two more than you know! They were my two holdbacks until I heard that you wanted some northerns. I would not have parted with them for ANYONE else. I am so glad that you have them! I am also grateful that you have some Lorena babies from this year, because I was not able to keep any of them myself except "Bumpy". If you did not have some, I would have had to keep at least one or two myself, and I really don't have the space! You are helping me more than you know!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Jeff, did you see the photos of the big light baby from lorena baby in the other thread?
James Wilson
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Yes. :D
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Postby critterguy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Hello James,

Outback's bands(aside from the fact that they are narrower and more numerous) are about the color of my guys. Very cool! Surprised he doesn't munch sandcrabs. What was the animal that I met?
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:37 pm

You met Walkabout. I may have said the wrong name when we met...
James Wilson
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Postby critterguy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:56 pm

I thought so-but I didn't remember you not being sure of its sex. Very neat to see how other people's skinks look/are doing!
ssr
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:34 pm
Country:
Location: Iowa

Postby ssr » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 am

Fabulous looking skinks! You take great pictures.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 313 guests