Our two blue babies

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
MaMee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 am
Country:

Our two blue babies

Postby MaMee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 am

Hi I am new here and to Blueys. My son is 11 got our first bts in June after researching and reading up on them here and other sites online. He wanted his own pet and after his research we agreed to a bts. We found our first one at a reptile show and was told he was 5 year olds. He is very calm and will just sit in my son's arms. He will eat from your hand. He turned out to be a great pet for him. To my surprise I really liked him. Which brings us to our 2nd BTS my son convinced my hubby that I needed him and we rescued him from a pet store. He was in a small aquarium with a little substrate and a small water bowl sitting in the window with a heat light. He had no hide or way to get away from the sun that streamed through the window. He is much smaller than my son's. They said they had him for about 6 months and he was a few months old when they got him so I am guessing he is around 10-12 months old.
I would like to introduce you to Link my son's BTS
Image

and Denim my little guy
Image

If anyone has any suggestions on what type of BTS they are we would love the input.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

1. Meruake
2.irian jaya
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 am

Congrats and welcome! We are new to BTS also. My son (10) got his 1st one about 6 weeks ago from someone here on this site. I have found I really like him as well! I help my son with the care, but he is such a great pet for him!
User avatar
doss
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm
Country:
Location: DFW TX

Postby doss » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 am

Your son has awesome taste in pets!

Congrats :)
Gary
---
Wednesday Vegetarian
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Congrats on the new babies!!!! They really are excellent pets for kids (and adults!).
Cay T.
ssr
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:34 pm
Country:
Location: Iowa

Postby ssr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Welcome to BTS.net!
User avatar
Krippschick
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 am
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Krippschick » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:1. Meruake
2.irian jaya


I think so too, your little guy looks similar to my IJ. Congratz!
You Only Live Once.


*Nikki*
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Krippschick wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:1. Meruake
2.irian jaya


I think so too, your little guy looks similar to my IJ. Congratz!
I don't think so. I know so :wink:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Krippschick
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 am
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Krippschick » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:
Krippschick wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:1. Meruake
2.irian jaya


I think so too, your little guy looks similar to my IJ. Congratz!
I don't think so. I know so :wink:


:P :lol:
You Only Live Once.





*Nikki*
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Postby Roheryn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Congrats on a new addiction :wink:
each day's a gift, not a given right.
MaMee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 am
Country:

Postby MaMee » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I was thinking Link was a Merauke after reading the descriptions but wasn't really sure. I had no idea on Denim however, nice to know the consensus is Irian Jaya. Thank you.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Your welcome :D
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Rush
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 3:24 pm
Country:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Postby Rush » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 pm

That big ol Merauke is so gorgeous. I'm happy for you and your new skinks. :)
1.0.0 Merauke BTS, Rush-2009

-Brett-
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:33 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:1. Meruake
2.irian jaya


:doh: Nowhere in the original post asked about IDing! A welcome or something would have been nice. :lol:

Welcome MaMee!! :D
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Katrina wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:1. Meruake
2.irian jaya


:doh: Nowhere in the original post asked about IDing! A welcome or something would have been nice. :lol:

Welcome MaMee!! :D

:puzzled: ..... ohhhhhh :rofl: alll the way at the end underneath the last pic they ask what type they. :D
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:04 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote: :puzzled: ..... ohhhhhh :rofl: alll the way at the end underneath the last pic they ask what type they. :D


:doh: Ok, I see now! :lol:

:oops: Sorry!

Your reply made no sense when I skimmed the thread. That'll learn me! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 258 guests