Toe Biting

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
FIL
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm
Country:
Location: Memphis, USA

Toe Biting

Postby FIL » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 pm

My BTS has recently began biting his toes and awkwardly wiggling his body as he moves throughout his cage. I'm not exactly sure what the cause is so I was hoping I could get some advice. He began doing it after I fed him and put him back in his cage just about an hour ago. I'm a little worried because I don't see what the cause could be. Any advice would be appreciated :D
Merauke- Apollo
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 pm

That means that there is something bothering him. Most likely shedding problems. Has he shed recently?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
FIL
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm
Country:
Location: Memphis, USA

Postby FIL » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:31 pm

I thought that at first but he has not shed in like 2 or 3 weeks so I doubt that's the problem.
Merauke- Apollo
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Could be he's just starting to shed and it's getting to the uncomfortable stage. The activity through the cage is usually a sign they're trying to find things to rub against to remove the old shed.
User avatar
FIL
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm
Country:
Location: Memphis, USA

Postby FIL » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 pm

That makes a lot of since. I'll wait it out and see what happens. Thanks
Merauke- Apollo
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Does he have any stuck shed from previous shed on his toes.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 249 guests