Species, Weight, Length, Age

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
zakkhogan
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Essex, England
Contact:

Species, Weight, Length, Age

Postby zakkhogan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:15 am

Was cleaning out angus and thought id take the oppatunity to measure and weigh him, Then though it might be fun to share and compare the info on here,


NAME: Angus
SPECIE IJ
WEIGHT 520 - 524 Grams
LENGTH 19 inches (nose to tale)
AGE Aprox 2 Years
SEX Male (suspected)


And i picture for good measuer,
Image
**Craig (Zakkhogan) Bowers**

Name: Angus Specie: IJ Length 19 inches Weight 520 - 524 Grams Gender: Male Age: 2 (approx)

Name: Dorothy Specie: IJ Gender: Female Weight 239 Age:1 (approx)

............................"Nothing is Impossible" - Christopher Reeve
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:24 am

Beautiful skink! This is a great idea. We are getting a 1 month old Northern next week, I think I will have my son keep a growth chart to see how the BTS grows.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I love these threads! I tried, but I'd only give myself about a C+ on this. :lol: The batteries on my scale are dead and I don't have replacements. And only 6 kids got out of bed... the grumpy bear was left alone (probably gravid Northern). Length is tough to get...

Name: Riff-Raff
Species: Some kind of Gigas
Length: About 23"
Age: Approx. 5 years
Sex: Male
Image

Name: Jaxi
Species: Merauke
Length: About 23"
Age: 3.5 years
Sex: Female
Image

Name: Rollie
Species: Merauke
Length: Again, about 23"
Age: Unknown, seems fairly young
Sex: Male
Image

Name: Kira
Species: Merauke
Length: About 22"
Age: 3.5 years
Sex: Male
Image

Name: Simon
Species: Merauke
Length: About 22-23", but very uncooperative!
Age: Unknown
Sex: Male
No good pic

Name: Stewy
Species: Northern
Length: About 19-20", uncooperative little shrimp!
Age: 4 years
Sex: Yet another male
Image
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:46 pm

too cute, Stewy looks like he is sticking out his tongue at you!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Keeping in mind Mazi has since passed, but I actually just found this info from when I last did all this last and just thought Id share~

Name: Mazi
Species: Shingleback
Length: Approx: 12 - 14"
Age: I believe she was 7/8 when she passed.
Weight: I cant read my hand writing :/
Sex: Suspected female

Image

(being weighed is so boring...)
WeatherMan_Tom
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm
Country:
Location: New Yorl

Postby WeatherMan_Tom » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 am

Hey, Simon needs a good pic! haha
SHiZ-niBBlE-Bam-SNiP-sNaP-saCk
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Postby critterguy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 am

If you guys don't mind getting those skinks out again it'd be interesting to have SVL(snout to vent) measurements to make comparisons of size easier.

I'll add my one animal in here.

Name: none
Type: Northern
total length: 17.5(missing tail tip)
SVL: about 11.5
Sex: male
age: 12 months
weight:-

At what age did all your animals stop growing in length?
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

I mostly measured mine from the tape in the pics (from looking at the pics), so you can estimate SVL from there. My measurements aren't super accurate, I just eyeball it.

For growning - mine stopped noticeably growing about 12-18 months, but it depends a lot on species, diet, individual etc. They grow very, very slowly throughout their lives of course.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 164 guests