New member with a new baby.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
iJoker
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 6:57 am
Country:
Location: Michigan

New member with a new baby.

Postby iJoker » Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 am

Well hello there. My name is Alexa. Yes, I am female >_<
I'm sixteen years old, my birthday being on August 9th, 1994. Yay! 17 soon! Anyways, I live in Michigan in the U.S.A. and kinda hate it. Michigan weather is extremely unpredictable (unless you've lived in Michigan as long as I have). I'm currently a Junior in high school. My dream is to own my own exotic pet shop with animals ranging from arachnids to 8 foot snakes. I have more knowledge on animals than the average human. I don't have a job. Unfortunately, getting a decent a job in Michigan is a joke. So, until I find that job, I just chill at home with my many wonderful pets. I'm not sure if any of you are interested in knowing them, but I will list them anyways because I love to brag about them (:
Emperor Scorpion, Andromeda - My beautiful black princess who glows under a black light! She's not an aggressive eater, so I feed her with my hands. I almost always find her climbing the walls of the tank, reason unknown. She loves to crawl in my shirt because it's warm xD Her age is unknown, but that's okay.
A. Avicularia (Pink-Toe tarantula), Lydia - Most docile arachnid I've ever seen. She's so beautiful with her jet black body, her turquoise carapace, and her bright pink toes. She's a huge webber! Finding her in her enclosure gets harder and hard every day as she continues to build her home of silk. She's one arachnid I have complete "trust" in and know she will never bite me. Not a threat pose ever! It's quite amazing watching her "groom" herself and seeing her fangs. Tarantulas are amazing creatures, yet so misunderstood.
African Grey Parrot, Paulie - My 10 year old baby<3 She is so patient and so hilarious! She says almost 30 words and phrases, her favorite being "Getchur butt!" For people that don't know, birds tend to bond to one person, and guess who that person is? We originally had her as a foster, but the woman knew she couldn't care for her since having a new baby, so she let us adopt her. Now that I have her, my life wouldn't be complete without her<3
Domestic Shorthair mix cat, Peels - Best cat ever! Has never ran away, gets along with EVERY animal in the house, and is the most patient, relaxed cat you would have ever seen, except when she gets frisky from catnip and runs sideways xD She's around 10 years old, but still has the heart and soul of a kitten. We have had her the longest out of all the animals, having her since she was a little kitten.
Ragamuffin mix cat, Marius - The seoond newest member of the family, he is a big, fat, lovable bunch of fur. His meow is so girly, sometimes I think he is actually a girl! He's sweet and gentle, except when he's frisky on catnip. I still don't know much about him since he's still new, but he's a sweetheart through and through.
Betta fish, Gabriel - Though a fish, he does have a personality. He's very shy! As soon as you approach his little tank, he hides under his plant. Even when it comes to food, he still swims up slowly and cautiously. It's cute!
Betta fish, Michael - As said before, though a fish, he does have a personality. Michael is the outgoing piggy of the two. He comes to the front of the tank when you approach him and he blows bubbles! Never flares at me, though of course that is usually towards other male betta. He loves his food! If you kept putting food in there, he would keep eating it! He's so adorable and looks like such a happy fish.
Okay, and now for the rabbits:
Flemish Giant, Sophie - Biggest love bug ever! She's like a dog in a bunny suit! She'll just jump up on the couch and lick your face, arms, neck, anything. She loves people in general, whether it be a toddler, or an 80 year old person. If you give her attention, she will love you forever. A lot of people who have never owned rabbits think rabbits aren't smart or can't be lovable. They couldn't more wrong. She is complete opposite from that. As of now, I am teaching her to "spin". She's picking up on it quite well!
Flemish Giant, Totoro - Big fluffy shy guy with his floppy ears and his sweet personality. Before we adopted him, he got into a fight with another male rabbit. Unfortunatly, he got the worst of the fight. His left eye is blind from possibly being scratched by the other male rabbit, so he uses his nose for everything. He is very, very shy, rarely approaching anyone except for me. He dislikes being pet or touched. Even though he has these little problems, I still love him like any other pet of mine and wouldn't ever give him up.
Himalayan mix, Lennie - What a fatty! He's my obese little biter. Because he sprays (he is not neutered yet) he doesn't get out much. Now that it is becoming summer here, he's getting out more. He should start shedding the weight quickly... Hopefully... He was my second rabbit. I got him from a pet store who was trying to get rid of him. I just couldn't say no to that little black nose and those big pink eyes! I'm glad I have him now, because despite the fact that if he doesn't want to be held he will bite, he can still be so sweet and loving to me. He's the softest of all of our animals, with fur like pure silk.
Netherland Dwarf mix, MeiMei ('may-may') - My sweetheart, my baby, my world<3 She has the pattern of a Siamese cat. My heart just melts when her big borwn eyes look up at me with joy. Despite making her sound like the sweetest animal in the world, she can be a huge brat! She is cage aggressive and sometimes bites when she doesn't want to be held. Sometimes when I stick my hand in her cage, she lunges at me and growls. Yes, rabbits make noise. The can growl, grunt, or scream. MeiMei loves licking noses with her tiny tongue! Hold her up to your nose and she'll lick the tip! It's so cute and no matter how many times she does it, I still melt!
Irian Jaya BTS, Scylla ('silla') - The newest member of the family and my first lizard. From what I've seen from her so far, she's extremely picky, only eating if I hand feed her. She tries to bite me when I accidently touch her face. Yeah, it doesn't feel very good, even though they don't have very sharp teeth. She loves to bury herself to the bottom of her enclosure. It's the cutest thing seeing just her little nose peek out of the substrate! We got her from a man off of craigslist who spent very little time with her, which is probably why she is such a little brat. It seems as if he got her as a novilty, thinking she was cool to have at first, but then got tired of her when he realized that it does take work to own a pet. I was surprised though, as she looks very healthy. No missing toes, no mouthrot or scale rot, no ticks, no scratches or marks. She looks like a perfectly healthy lizard, which I am very, very happy about! It's taking quite a bit of work with her to make her more hand friendly again, but it will be worth it in the end. She absoltuely loves to be outside with the sun on her back and her belly on the cool grass. Since she is very new, there's not much I can say about her.
Those are all of my pets! If you read all of that, you are either very interested in animals or are very interested in your members. Either way, that's awesome! There's not much more to say about me, but I will post pictures of my pets eventually. Whenever my camera charger decides to show up >_<
Bye for now :D
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Tue May 10, 2011 6:34 am

i read it all an im interested in both parts XD

that sounds like an awesome way of living, having so many wonderful pets nearby. And go for that dream of yours, sounds wonderful. dont forget to give me some cheap offers if i come buy and buy a pet.

Hello and welcome btw, im mostly a lurker so you wont see me much but ill read everything.

That parrot, keep it dearly, as its endangered in africa as of now. Ill try to track down some breeders here myself when im a bit older to find one at a proper age that is not captured....easier said than done.

anywaysss......xD That IJ sounds awesome, id love to see pictures as much as everyone else on the forum here does. Of all pets of course.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 am

i just have to say... I LOVE the fact that Totoro is one of your pets names, thats awesome!
I love the bios on each of your pets, thats a great idea!
Welcome!
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 am

Hey, welcome to the forum. Youve got a whole bunch of animals. Definatly Jelious of Paulie, Ive always wanted an African grey.

Is it okay If I steal your idea about making bios for your pets and makingit a post for everyone to partake in? Ill deffinatly credit you for the idea :D
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 am

ooh that would be fun missmeg!
iherp!

http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress

0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)

1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)

2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)

1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Tue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

I agree. Its such a good idea. Is she says yes I think we could do pets past and present if anyone wanted to. :D, Should I just make it, or wait for Alexa to give the Oh Kay
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Welcome!!! :D
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Welcome.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
iJoker
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 6:57 am
Country:
Location: Michigan

Postby iJoker » Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 am

Thank you everyine!
MissMeg: Yes, of course you can use the pet bio idea :3 I just love to brag about my pets.
Sorry for the late reply. Our laptop broke so I have to use my moms tiny Blackberry for this. So if I don't respond right away, that is why. Also excuse any spelling errors. This screen is really tiny!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Thu May 12, 2011 10:33 am

Lol No Prob! Ill start it in the everything off topic forum
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 am

:btsnet:
Nemo me impune lacessit.
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Sun May 15, 2011 3:19 pm

:btsnet2:
Nice collection.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
Ugthore
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm
Your Facebook name: Karry mang
Country: Usa
Location: Michigan

Postby Ugthore » Tue May 24, 2011 6:01 pm

welcome! im in MI too, and yeah finding a job is insane, im 19 and JUST found one :P been looking for like 3 years! hahaha
thats my Uggie Buddy!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 194 guests