New Enclosures!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

New Enclosures!

Postby Katrina » Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm so excited - we have new, stackable enclosures! They are made out of black PVCX, so super light-weight. Dimensions are 4' long by 2.5' wide by 1.5' tall and we got six - so two stacks of three, with room at add a fourth on the top later on. :D We also have two wooden ones being made, so will have homes for eight BTS soon with room to expand.

It's very exciting, except I filled the one empty enclosure I had before it was even set up. :doh: I've been asked to take in an IJ for a while, as the girl who sold / gave us Kira and Jaxi has had some rough times and need a good home for her last bluey. I have agreed to take it for 6-12 months and we will see after that if she can get back on her feet and take him back. Otherwise, I'll sell him as an IJ doesn't fit into the breeding plans at all.

Anyways, on to pictures:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Northerns on aspen, Meraukes on cypress mulch except for Simon who is still on paper towel as his feet aren't 100% healed.

I was so excited to expand the collection and buy new stuff to decorate new, larger enclosures.... but then I found out that I've already purchased more than enough to decorate all six with stuff to spare. :doh: I even have the IJs enclosure all decorated and we don't even have him yet! She was going to give him to me with all his stuff, but I said not to bother. No wonder the BF thinks I'm crazy!

:woo:
Last edited by Katrina on Mon May 23, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm

B.E.A.Utiful. Very nice :)
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon May 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Awesome, I love to see different set ups, gives me ideas for ours! They look very natural.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby Alioop » Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Wow those are awesome!! I'm so jealous! What brand are they?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon May 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks all. :D Ali - I got them from this guy: http://www.cornelsworld.com/ Very happy with his work.

And oopsie. I seem to have purchased another skink. :oops: So the one empty enclosure really didn't last long! But Simon should have a lovely GF. :D
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Mon May 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Ooooo, very snazzy =D
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Mon May 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Congrats Kat! I just realized I never replied to your email either, so I will be doing so right after this.

Those cages are awesome and I am very envious of the set ups!
Brad
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Tue May 24, 2011 4:26 am

Those cages are great! We just upgraded everyone to polystyrene cages and it is a relief. Glass is just so darn heavy.
Cay T.
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Postby Roheryn » Tue May 24, 2011 7:29 am

I am soooo jealous! These are amazing. I wish I could have something like that as well, but I'm afraid I'll have to get me a new husband first :roll:
each day's a gift, not a given right.
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 pm

wow those cages look awesome! i love the red walls in your place, they are gorgeous :)
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue May 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Roheryn wrote:I wish I could have something like that as well, but I'm afraid I'll have to get me a new husband first :roll:


:lol: I was worried about that too. It has been a slow process. First, only one BTS. Then only two... then no more than three. I was quite concerned this weekend when it suddenly went from five to seven, luckily the BF loves me! :D

My trick is that we aren't keeping them - just taking care of them for a little while. Jaxi was only temporary - once she was all fixed up and healthy we would get her a new home. That was over three years ago. Stewy we were keeping for someone while he moved - no more than two months (that was last October - Stewy lives here permanently now). Simon was only purchased as a male for Mel's Canasta. Mel will be picking him up this summer. Or something like that. :hehe: Maybe Canasta will come here for a little bit to see if she will breed. Now the new IJ is only temporary, but I'm serious about that - I need the space for Northerns and Meraukes!! :lol:

Sapphire - thanks, I love the red too! My lizard room is coming along perfectly - bright red walls, lizard art, lots of plants and an expanding family! :woo:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 208 guests