New skinker photos!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
MiwSher
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm
Country:

New skinker photos!

Postby MiwSher » Sun May 08, 2011 5:20 pm

I didn't know what kind I was going to be picking up, just that I was picking up an adult blue tongue. She/he was a nice surprise!

Image
Image
Image
Image

Sorry for the low quality photos. I had poor lighting!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Looks like a very pretty caramel Northern. Congrats on the new addition! Does she have a name yet?
MiwSher
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm
Country:

Postby MiwSher » Sun May 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks! I think she's just gorgeous. I mostly see IJ's around here, so I was pleasantly surprised to end up with a Northern. The owner didn't have photos to share before I went to go see her, and wasn't aware of the differences.

All my IJ's are named after sushi, but I think I want to go a different route with any Northerns I get. Haven't really figured it out yet. It's a work in progress :)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Gorgeous!! :D


:lol: Naming after sushi - that is funny / original.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun May 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Looks just like my peach!

Image

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 am

You should name her after exotic flowers... I dont know any to offer lol but I bet google would have a bunch :D
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am

after sushi? thats awesome! Our skinks are themed too, but they are named after zerg units in Starcraft X_X
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
MiwSher
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm
Country:

Postby MiwSher » Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Zach: She does look exactly like peach! A little darker tan, but other than that spot on!

Yes, my IJ's are Tekka (tuna), Ika (squid), Unagi (eel) and Tamago (egg). I still have yet to post any photos of Tamago. I should get on that!

I love my IJ's, but I'm absolutely in love with colors of this sweetie.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 pm

If you wanted to keep with the sushi theme, you could name her wasabi =D

And I thought tuna was maguro? Hmm...
MiwSher
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm
Country:

Postby MiwSher » Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 pm

I believe both maguro and tekka refer to tuna, however maguro is refering specifically to the fattier part of the tuna belly.

I have had wasabi in mind, but I've been saving it for a small IJ. Good idea though! I still think I'm going to try a different theme for the Northerns though. :)
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 pm

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9E% ... (Presuming you know a bit of Japanese? If not, the title reads maguro). But then again, I wouldnt have a clue in regards to words specifically aimed at sushi :lol: But eh, it doesnt matter I guess :lol: I was just worried for a sec that I had something wrong :doh:

Hmmm, to keep with the japanese theme, names related to ramen, or to go off MissMegs idea, Japanese flowers?

I had bettas named after Mexican foods :lol:
WeatherMan_Tom
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm
Country:
Location: New Yorl

Postby WeatherMan_Tom » Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 pm

SapphireTigress1 wrote:after sushi? thats awesome! Our skinks are themed too, but they are named after zerg units in Starcraft X_X


Hydra, Ultralisk, Zergling lol thats awesome. Such a good idea.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 178 guests