Pictures of Huberts big adventure. ( went outside )

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
smsararas2
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Pictures of Huberts big adventure. ( went outside )

Postby smsararas2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi All,

Today was a nice and warm spring day here, So my wife who was busy getting her gardens ready to plant said "why don't you bring Hubert out for some real sunlight)

I was like that a great Idea.

So after about ten minutes of throwing together a small encloure (made out of 2x10's that i use for loading the Quads, and some strapping to make the lip. all screw nailed together so really secure.

Hubert loved it he checked out each end, then went into the leaves. he laid on the rock for awhile. He then retired to his fleece blanket for a nappy.

I let him nap for 20 mins then took him inside. He went right into his hide and was not seen until this afternoon when I brought him a snack.....Spoiled eh...

enjoy the pics

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
0.0.2 Indonesian "Hubert" & Irian Jaya "Suzie-Q"
1.1.2 Schnieder Skinks
0.0.1 Savannah Monitor "Lucky"
12.12.2 Leopard Gecko's
2.0.0 African Fat Tail Gecko's
1.1.1 Pictus Gecko
2.1.0 Red Ear Slider turtles
0.1.0 Map Turtle
0.1.0 Emperor Scorpion
1.1.0 Siamese Cats
2.0.0. Whippets Dogs

2 Cats,2Dogs, 4 turtle and 20+ Geckos in the house.
BUT THE SKINKs are MINE!!
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Love it!! :D

I've been meaning to do something like this every summer, so that I can leave them out for a bit without constant, direct supervision. I'll have to get around to it this summer... Great pics and great idea!
User avatar
smsararas2
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Postby smsararas2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Its dual purpose too. After Hubert when in I brought out the 4 turtles we are foster homing.(we are friends witha local rescue org, we hold these turtlles until around august and they transport them to a holding pond thats safe and secure)

the turtle ran around like crazy some tried to climb the corners only one was some what settled.

the bad part is my wife has a project for me now. She wants a small turtle enclosure with a water element outside.

I said i want to build Hubert something better first. this was a spur of th moment quickie....lol

yes I am happy how well the pitures came out. not bad with a ole fuji 5mega pic
0.0.2 Indonesian "Hubert" & Irian Jaya "Suzie-Q"

1.1.2 Schnieder Skinks

0.0.1 Savannah Monitor "Lucky"

12.12.2 Leopard Gecko's

2.0.0 African Fat Tail Gecko's

1.1.1 Pictus Gecko

2.1.0 Red Ear Slider turtles

0.1.0 Map Turtle

0.1.0 Emperor Scorpion

1.1.0 Siamese Cats

2.0.0. Whippets Dogs



2 Cats,2Dogs, 4 turtle and 20+ Geckos in the house.

BUT THE SKINKs are MINE!!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 am

Its amazing what little mega pics can do when your outside or have very good lighting :D
I love how happy Hubert is lol. Last year we took Ruckus out side (no enclosure) and he just layed flat on the ground and didnt move for 20 mins lol. He probably felt threatend. Ill try to make an enclosure like yours next time. Great Idea :D
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 am

I might do something like that just with a bottom so on sunny days in the summer he has a bigger cage. :D
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
smsararas2
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Postby smsararas2 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:45 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:I might do something like that just with a bottom so on sunny days in the summer he has a bigger cage. :D


I wanted no bottom so he got to have the proverbial "grass between his toes'

My next "project" an outside enclosure, I think i'll bury some chicken fencing down a foot or so below ground level. this way he could root around and possibly tunnel around and i would not worry as much

time will tell if I get that ambitious...lol
0.0.2 Indonesian "Hubert" & Irian Jaya "Suzie-Q"

1.1.2 Schnieder Skinks

0.0.1 Savannah Monitor "Lucky"

12.12.2 Leopard Gecko's

2.0.0 African Fat Tail Gecko's

1.1.1 Pictus Gecko

2.1.0 Red Ear Slider turtles

0.1.0 Map Turtle

0.1.0 Emperor Scorpion

1.1.0 Siamese Cats

2.0.0. Whippets Dogs



2 Cats,2Dogs, 4 turtle and 20+ Geckos in the house.

BUT THE SKINKs are MINE!!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Do they acually dig in dirt? Stupid question. But do they acually like dig tunnels and stuff like bunnies and moles, ect. I thought they were more of the ones to burrow under loose dirt and leaves and logs and stuff like that.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 am

MissMeg wrote:Do they acually dig in dirt? Stupid question. But do they acually like dig tunnels and stuff like bunnies and moles, ect. I thought they were more of the ones to burrow under loose dirt and leaves and logs and stuff like that.


Yep~ Although not quite like rabbits and moles, but Mazi once hollowed out a little cave under a flat rock to sleep in.

He looks like he had fun :D I really like the black marks on his face, cute~
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 pm

That cool. I never really thought that they would do that. I guess I thought they just burrowed under loose stuff, and little crevases lol.
User avatar
smsararas2
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Postby smsararas2 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:17 pm

no worries MissMeg I did not know for sure either, I just read a couple forum strains mostly from our down under friends who have year round outside enclosure. in these i noted the fencing that has been buried.

mine will not be year round or overly ornate. i will eventually have to move it when we get posted again.
0.0.2 Indonesian "Hubert" & Irian Jaya "Suzie-Q"

1.1.2 Schnieder Skinks

0.0.1 Savannah Monitor "Lucky"

12.12.2 Leopard Gecko's

2.0.0 African Fat Tail Gecko's

1.1.1 Pictus Gecko

2.1.0 Red Ear Slider turtles

0.1.0 Map Turtle

0.1.0 Emperor Scorpion

1.1.0 Siamese Cats

2.0.0. Whippets Dogs



2 Cats,2Dogs, 4 turtle and 20+ Geckos in the house.

BUT THE SKINKs are MINE!!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 217 guests