Pink Tongue Introduction

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
RhoticityChicken
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Pink Tongue Introduction

Postby RhoticityChicken » Fri May 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi all,

I recently purchased a pink tongue skink labelled as a young female with the hopes of housing it with an established pair. After a quarantine where I made sure it was eating/drinking/pooping, I decided to try an introduction today under a watchful eye. New skink and original female (who had a litter a month ago) largely ignored each other. However, new female skink attacked the male, and I instantly moved it back to a separate enclosure.

Is it possible that a female under stress would attack the male, or do I have an extra male now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RhoticityChicken on Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Pink Tongue Gender Guessing Game

Postby mb606587 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:21 pm

No experience with Pink Tongue Skinks but I do have experience with Prehensile Tailed Skinks. Try slow introductions in neutral territory, not an established enclosure, where conflicts are more likely to occur. Also in Prehensile Tailed Skinks, some just are not compatible with each other unfortunately. I like to bring mine outside to the garden and introduce them that way!
20210427_173213.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RhoticityChicken
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Pink Tongue Gender Guessing Game

Postby RhoticityChicken » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:33 pm

How beautiful your Corucia are! Awesome species. Thanks for the response. I'm waiting on some custom builds to arrive and am hoping that will classify as "neutral territory" when I upgrade everyone's living quarters. Also wondering if the male tried to get frisky with her and she wasn't having it- the fact that he's substantially larger than her yet she was chasing him makes me at least pretty sure on the gender. Hopefully new/larger digs will do the trick, but will try the garden trick multiple times before then.

Return to “Other Skink Species”