Hi bluers! I’m a proud 1st year blue owner, I’ve researched a bit and think my guy is a maruke or northern.

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
Skinklizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hi bluers! I’m a proud 1st year blue owner, I’ve researched a bit and think my guy is a maruke or northern.

Postby Skinklizard » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 am

Adopted a blue from a coworker who had trouble caring for his friend(daily feeding, water in dish, turning his light on, other then removing feces the substrate hadn’t be changed since he adopted him.) Fortunately I have a great girl who works from home that can help treat our “Skinklizard” or “Blue”. I’ve since removed all old substrate and added new, Gave him a bath. new dishes( was using cat bowl) gave him a cool back drop. He gets a meal now everyday(Blue brand dog food small breed adult chicken with pink label) Or a hard boiled egg. I haven’t seen him try the raspberry/blackberry And kale/lettuce I don’t think he’s every had these in his diet but im going to keep on trying. He has lights Turned on Everyday. He has never shown aggression and seems to enjoy sun bathing on my lap :D We let the little fellow roam around the kids room and I was takin him out to enjoy the Georgia heat this summer. any knowledge on how to better Treat and care for him would be appreciated, as I want this to be his permanent home as he’s slid into our family :D. I’m trying to emulate the weather in its natural habitat. And hopefully get him a little life mate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Skink Species”