Fire skink mystery illness

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
mike8hate
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Fire skink mystery illness

Postby mike8hate » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello,
I have had my fire skink for about two years now, and she has been a pleasure, especially in how easy going she is compared to my tegu. She has had no health issues in thsoe two years, up until recently when a white small bump Similar to a pimple appeared on the tip of her nose. Within a few days it has doubled in size and grown quite larger than just a discolored scale. As of the past 24 hours an area behinde her ear on her left side, the same as the sid eof the bump has now become rather swollen and large. I have attached a few pictures, and was wondering if anyone could help me with a diagnosis and possible treatment.
Thank you, mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Fire skink mystery illness

Postby splashy07 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:07 am

I've not seen such a thing, but with reptiles things can go bad rather quickly so I'd seek the assistance of a qualified vet.

Return to “Other Skink Species”