Good afternoon! do I need the help of experienced breeders, This Blue Tongue of mine and which Subspecies? Tanimbar, Gig

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
Luiz Antônio
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Good afternoon! do I need the help of experienced breeders, This Blue Tongue of mine and which Subspecies? Tanimbar, Gig

Postby Luiz Antônio » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:02 am

Good afternoon! do I need the help of experienced breeders, This Blue Tongue of mine and which Subspecies? Tanimbar, Gigas ... I think I look like Taninbar, but I'm not sure. She is 2 years old
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Good afternoon! do I need the help of experienced breeders, This Blue Tongue of mine and which Subspecies? Tanimbar,

Postby mb606587 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 am

It looks like a typical Irian Jaya skink to me. I'll be the first to admit I don't have much personal experience with Tanimbar skinks and while the short stubby body does hint at that body type, I haven't myself seen any looking like that. Not to say they don't exist. Easiest way to find out is personality. Tanimbars (Tiliqua scincoides chimaera) are appropriately named after the mythological fire breathing dragon. Wild caught specimens, which are the overwhelming majority of these skinks in the pet trade, will bite. They have a reputation as being the least handleable of any species of BTS. Irian Jayas on the other hand were highly sought after when they first appeared on the market around 30 years ago because wild caught specimens were noted as being better natured than even the captive bred Australian skinks available at the time. They continue today to be one of the more reliable pet skinks.
Luiz Antônio
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Good afternoon! do I need the help of experienced breeders, This Blue Tongue of mine and which Subspecies? Tanimbar,

Postby Luiz Antônio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 am

Thank you very much for your help and time in answering me, I will research more about Jaya, this one and very calm and quiet. When I acquired the vendor it said to be Chimaera ...
Who Can Contribute Answering, Thank you.

Return to “Other Skink Species”