Can someone please identify my BTS?

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
edenfockens
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Can someone please identify my BTS?

Postby edenfockens » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 am

Hello! Yesterday i purchased my first blue tongue skink and i love him! Unfortunately i do not know what type of bts he is, i have a feeling he may be some type of indonesian but i’m not 100% sure so any help would be massively appreciated.
These pictures are from when i first met the little guy, i have not yet handled him since i’ve brought him home because i want to give him a chance to settle in, he hisses at me when i go in the tank to change the water / give him food, bless him he must be so scared. He’s a baby which i’m really happy about because i can raise him as my own :D
Also, i have not yet named him, i just have no idea! Any suggestions would be great :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Can someone please identify my BTS?

Postby splashy07 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Looks Halmahera. Indonesian is correct. Needs very high humidity. Can you post a few more looking down at him?
edenfockens
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby edenfockens » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Here he is, managed to handle him for the first time since getting him home and snapped these pics❤️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:08 am

In this picture he appears to be Merauke. First pics were a bit darker, made me think Halmahera. Indonesian nonetheless. Requires high humidity. Adorable little guy, good luck with him!
3Blue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby 3Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:56 pm

I think merake or maybe indo?
"We laugh at our most painful memories-"

Return to “Other Skink Species”