Are these two still born baby skinks and two slugs (?) ?

Feel free to post pictures, information, articles or anything else related to other skink species.
Forum rules
Topics may be anything to do with other skink species, keeping within the forum rules. Topics related to other lizard species, apart from skinks, are not permitted, but these can still be posted on the general off topic forum.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Are these two still born baby skinks and two slugs (?) ?

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 am

Are the two blobs in the petri dish Fluffy's two dead babies what are referred to as slugs (undeveloped fetuses in sacks ) ??

.... can someone comfirm they are slugs.

I think the babies are dead, as I've seen no sign of breathing or movement all afternoon and they have not responded to any stimuli (like being touched flipped over etc) but still very limp so letting the sit for a while just in case - as I'd hate to accidentially bury or freeze a live baby lizard.

The boy's yoke sack had burst when I found them, the girl's is still in tact and seems to have shrunk this afternoon (??).
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Are these two still born baby skinks and two slugs (?) ?

Postby splashy07 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:20 am

Aww. Looks like at least one slug there, the orange cheesy looking thing, similar to what I've seen with my Northerns. After giving birth my Cilla dropped a few like that a few days later.

Return to “Other Skink Species”