HELP: Emergency Question

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.
selrotta
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 pm
Country:
Location: Philippines

HELP: Emergency Question

Postby selrotta » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi all. I registered here just to ask this question.

My bluey stole a small piece of a chocolate cookie dusted with sugar (it was set on the table as I was doing my morning chores while eating breakfast). He didn't eat the whole thing, but it was already small to begin with.

I just need to know if eating chocolate is harmful to our skinks--I've searched this forum and found at least one post saying their bluey eats chocolate cake (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20250&p=395294&hilit=chocolate#p395294).

I'm sort of panicking right now. Are there incidents of blueys getting sick of chocolate?

Thanks very much.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: HELP: Emergency Question

Postby Richard.C » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:24 pm

shouldnt harm them,i once had one chomp half a a milky way chocalate bar,just keep an eye on your lizard just in case,but i cant see it being to bad,though in large amounts i can harm dogs,so always wise to keep an eye on them
selrotta
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 pm
Country:
Location: Philippines

Re: HELP: Emergency Question

Postby selrotta » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick reply! My bluey Hunter is still his alert self as always and is currently trying to literally eat the (clean) sink.

One thing is for sure though, I won't leave food lying around him anymore. Was already used to him being a bit picky with his food, so I didn't think he'd attack the non-savory cookie :<
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9767
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: HELP: Emergency Question

Postby Katrina » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Like Richard said, a small piece of chocolate cookie shouldn't do any harm. I wouldn't feed any more, but don't panic!

Welcome to the forum. :D
selrotta
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 pm
Country:
Location: Philippines

Re: HELP: Emergency Question

Postby selrotta » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, I wouldn't place one near the little guy.

If only he pounced on his greens with the same enthusiasm, without having to hide it in his chicken :<
User avatar
Scooter_in_Kindergarten
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
Country:
Location: Central Florida

Re: HELP: Emergency Question

Postby Scooter_in_Kindergarten » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:53 pm

My old dog once stole and ate a half batch (almost 10 cookies) of chocolate chip cookies, and she was fine. I'm sure a little bit of a chocolate cookie wouldn't be too bad, not a good snack - but probably wouldn't be extremely harmful.
Skinks are surprisingly resilient.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: HELP: Emergency Question

Postby Spindown » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I feel so much better! Baneling ate a lucky charms marshmellow once...i even have a pic to prove it :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests