Do BTS have feelings?

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.

Do blueys have feelings, and are they capable of love and hate?

Yes, they have as many feelings as us including love and hate.
20%
Yes, but not as many feelings as us and are not capable of love or hate
40%
Yes, but they are not capable of love
2%
Yes, but they are not capable of hate
4%
No, They are not capable of any feelings
No votes
No, they are only capable of very simple feelings such as excitement and fear
34%

Total votes: 50
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys

Re: Do BTS have feelings?

Postby Lea » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Richard, they actually tried it here, with the shinglebacks, when David Attenborough was filming for his series, Life in Cold Blood. A friend of mine was involved in the filming while doing her animal science degree. They were trying to track them during the breeding season with monstrous GPS trackers, but they kept dislodging them or upsetting the cameras by rubbing against rocks and logs as if they were trying to shed. I think in this instance, their natural behaviour was seriously disturbed. The attempt to track them was abandoned, not surprisingly!

If any of you haven't seen the series, I recommend the episode "Dragons of the Dry", which has shinglebacks giving birth, lace monitors and hatchlings, the Pygmy blue tongue and the perentie among some other fascinating skinks, geckos and other lizards.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:03 pm

i saw that lea,the lacey bit is a captive animal,the babies breaking free was staged to,was actually the male lacey breaking them free to,lol

just to show what happens in nature

didnt know they tried back packing the stumpies,to me thats dumb,the results cant be classed as normal behaviour,you would think they could use something less obtrusive,lol

science isnt always the final answer,not always accurate either
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade

Postby El Lobo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Richard.C wrote:i saw that lea,the lacey bit is a captive animal,the babies breaking free was staged to,was actually the male lacey breaking them free to,lol

just to show what happens in nature

didnt know they tried back packing the stumpies,to me thats dumb,the results cant be classed as normal behaviour,you would think they could use something less obtrusive,lol

science isnt always the final answer,not always accurate either

To some that is heresy; science has the answer to everything and is always right. No scientist would ever think of manipulating data to advance a theory. :wink:

Of recent times the ethics committees of a few Australian universities have refused some proposed native animal studies on the grounds of them involving unnecessary suffering to the target group.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
taniya91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby taniya91 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm

I think we humans try way to dang hard to define and explain things that we couldn't possibly do ....my northern cut her tongue some how and I'm standing here ready to cry feeling extremely guilty for her somehow hurting herself and she is looking at me like "give me the freaking blackberries woman!!!" I think they feel and understand what they want to. There is no possible way we can explain and quantify everything we aren't that special, smart, or powerful. Why not just sit back and enjoy the presence of our friends and life in general, let things happen as they may
Lahb999
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Lahb999 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Yes. :thumbs: I believe that all animals have much deeper emotions inside of them, yet some of their actions are driven instinct and are just skin deep. Your true lizard has a care for you, and a bond no matter some of its actions. :wink:

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”