Shingle bones *Caution*

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Kurt » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:01 am

Not a reptile expert, but I know a thing or 2 about teeth ;)

Someone suggested that skinks do not replace their teeth earlier in this thread, but from what i see in the pictures i would argue against that. To me it appears that the "holes" under the teeth are where a developing tooth would be. when we lose our baby teeth the roots of the baby tooth and the bone deep to it resorbs in a very similar manner to how those spaces under the teeth looked.

But I could be completely wrong. Its just my guess based on what I've seen human jaws look like...

Thanks for the pics! I would love to learn more about the anatomy (especially dental) of bts!
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade

Postby El Lobo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:32 am

Thank for the extra pictures Nae. I'll try to get back to the teeth issue when I have more time. it is an interesting topic.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:12 am

Very interesting discussion.

Would anyone mind if I moved this over to the advanced discussion forum? That way they pics won't get buried by lots of other threads and can be around for reference / discussion later on.
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am

Go for it Katrina~
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop

Postby Alioop » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 am

Thanks for the extra photos Nae!

Norm- your information has been really interesting! Thank you for contributing.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”