Steggles foot problem

This Forum is for scientific, medical, pathological, environmental, etc. discussions.
Rules are different for this forum, be sure to read through them inside.
Forum rules
The rules for this forum are different from all the others on this site.
1) Questions regarding sick skinks do not belong here.
2) If you are not sure if your topic is OK here, post it in the General Discussion forum; a moderator can then move it here if appropriate.
3) This forum is for advanced discussions, such as scientific, medical, reproductive, pathological, environmental, etc.
4) PROOF, FACT, and BACK IT UP are three things to keep in mind when posting.
5) Comments need to add to the discussion. “Good job”, “I agree”, or “Nice skink” etc, do not add to the discussion and are not allowed here. If stating an opinion, back it up with what experiences have led to that opinion.
6) The 3 month rule is not in effect; you may post on any thread no matter how old it is.
Dippy

Steggles foot problem

Postby Dippy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:49 am

Hey guys, I noticed this weird scale on Steggles foot, Not too sure if its normal or not but thought id see what you guys thought. Its on his right hind foot.

Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist

Postby Coomassie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 am

Is it a hard mass or is it fleshy?
Cay T.
Dippy

Postby Dippy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Its difficult to tell really with it being so small, but it seems harder than the rest of the foot.
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Did it grow there or was it there since you had it?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Postby Bird_Brain » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Are we missing a toe?

I would probably have it checked out by a vet. It looks like it is separating the toes more than normal (of course that could just be the picture). It is nothing I have ever seen before. Being that small, Id doubt it would be much for a vet to remove it. If they do, maybe send it in to have a lab determine if it is cancerous or not. If you dont want to do that, most vets hang onto these types of things incase others show up and need to be cultured. They dont have to remove the new ones just yet, they can send in the old and see what it is.
Brad
Dippy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Dippy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:18 am

Nah the other toe is hidden behind the top right, You can see the nail down the bottom of its foot. But thats a good observation, Now that i look at it, It is pushing the toes apart, Will be taking it to the vet pretty soon. I'm a lil worried about it but hopefully all goes well.[/quote]
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist

Postby Coomassie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 am

Let us know how it goes!
Cay T.

Return to “Advanced BTS Discussion”