wow ! fast delivery

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

wow ! fast delivery

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:28 am

My old OLYMPUS FE-20 COMPACT digital camera ( developed a couple of issues lately - mold on the lens , and I think the lens focus motor has been damaged ( in a drop ?) - sometimes the startup autofocus doesn't work and I have to restart the FE 20 a few times to get it to work ).

So while I wait for a better price on canon 90D or a new full frame XXD series canon DSLR with at least the same pixcel count (or better than 38Mpix) I figured I'd buy a nice basic Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 from Adorama (NYC) . Means in upgrade from 10Mpix on the FE -20 and Canon 40D to 20Mpix and better optical zoom than the old FE -20.

The "same" camera costs nearly $400 here in Australia and Adorama had the ELPH on their page for 109USD , add 40USD for shipping and I'm still way in front.

Ordered Friday ( NSW time ) , and it arrived today . Heck I can't get stuff from Sydney that fast .

Only negatives are :
> the charger has a 2 pin US power connector , would have preferred a 2 pin cable connected changer , no great drama as I have a 3 pin universial power adapter in my kit.
> USA warrantee so if anything goes wrong , I'll have to ship camera to CANON USA for repairs
> there is no USB cable in the kit ( taken a look and it needs a 5 pin miniB connection on the camera end ) my wife's Canon PowerShot SX730HS has a miniB USB connector but it's not the 5 pin version, $7 to buy one locally.
> no reticulated screen (like on the SX730HS)
> relatively low resolution screen ( but better than the old 40D and the FE - 20 ).

So the old Olympus FE 20 will go into retirement. Running the PowerShot ELPH 180 is a breeze , very simple .

Here's how good the camera is :
Fluffy the Eastern Water Skink having some daddy quality time this evening after some wormy treats.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”