Recommended Breeders

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Scaley
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Recommended Breeders

Postby Scaley » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum. I have been on the hunt for a northern blue tongue skink for 6 months now, and I still haven't found any yet. I have a 75 gallon glass terrarium setup complete with cypress mulch, water bowl, heat pad, cork rounds, and a UVB light. I have 300 dollars saved up for a northern blue tongue skink. I have checked every reptile store and reptile expo in my area and I still can not find one, I only see Indonesians that are wild caught, overpriced, or labeled as Northerns and Easterns, so I was wondering if any of you know any good blue tongue skink breeders that have northern blue tongue skinks that are under 300 dollars and are stationed in the United States? Any response would be greatly appreciated!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Recommended Breeders

Postby splashy07 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 am

Hi, you may post in the general discussion forum as long as it is concerning blue tongues.
Unfortunately you have missed the baby season (mine are born in June/July), and Australian skinks are not common fare at expos and pet shops. I am happy to see that you will not be misled. You are correct in that many BTs are labelled as northerns by unscrupulous and/or ignorant sellers that do not know one from the other themselves. This is as detrimental to the skink as to the new owner, as different types may need completely different environmental conditions.
Check the classified section today, I see James Wilson has had a late litter. One of my proven breeders is from him, he is one of the pioneers of BTS breeding, and his animals are nothing short of spectacular. Good luck, and welcome!
Indigia
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Indigia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 am

Here are the URLs to a couple cheap, reliable breeders I have found so far.
http://www.thunderbayherps.com
https://debsbluetongueskinks.weebly.com ... lable.html
goodloser55
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby goodloser55 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:40 pm

I actually got mine from underground reptiles, i believe by the photos they put up they know what a northern blue tongue skink is and theyre a little bit over your budget but my halmahera came without ticks and looking healthy, though i wouldnt mess with them for a few weeks there a little scared after there trip happy shopping!

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”