DIY reptile enclosure with a media center

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Bantam.Earth
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

DIY reptile enclosure with a media center

Postby Bantam.Earth » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:48 pm

so I converted a bookshelf into an entertainment center the other day and decided to make it a full blown vivarium. At the moment we have an iguana living in it but once its completely stocked with plants I will replace the iguana with crocodile skinks!

heres a link to the step-by-step for anyone interested in seeing the complete build: diy reptile enclosure

Last edited by Bantam.Earth on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Combining Nature & Technology To Create A Better Place.. Bantam.Earth
Yeshika
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: DIY reptile enclosure with a media center

Postby Yeshika » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:01 pm

What an interesting build! So it functions as both an entertainment center and a vivarium? I don't actually think I've ever seen a multi-purpose viv. Plenty of conversions (My skink's viv was once a tv cabinet) but never anything that does two jobs at once :o
Bantam.Earth
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Bantam.Earth » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:46 pm

Yeshika wrote:What an interesting build! So it functions as both an entertainment center and a vivarium? I don't actually think I've ever seen a multi-purpose viv. Plenty of conversions (My skink's viv was once a tv cabinet) but never anything that does two jobs at once :o

many thanks and yes! as of now we just decorate the top with small things but could place a console of any type on top. the sides could also be modified to hold DVD's or games (with the way things are going these days with tech, I doubt there will be much to actually put in a media center soon..). as far as a vivarium, it is fully functional and so far consistently holding life! :D
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:49 am

Nice ….show us "iggy" and then the micro crocs (crocodile skinks)….
Bantam.Earth
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Bantam.Earth » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:58 am

kingofnobbys wrote:Nice ….show us "iggy" and then the micro crocs (crocodile skinks)….

I'm loving the idea of "iggy" for a name!! :lol: :lol: :ohyes: :ohyes: I owe you one for that!!! we wont have the crocs in until we move iggy into her new home in the backyard.. :mrgreen:
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:58 am

Wow …. Iggy's beautiful and he's full of personality and character too ---- I can tell that just by the "expression" on his face and his posture.....

How old is he ?

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”