Random question

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Random question

Postby Commanderday » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Hey guys just had a curious question. So I finally finished building a cage for my rescue Bearded Dragon. I posted a topic about him in here a couple months back (Rango). The cage I built is a 6x2x2. I know I kind of went over board but hey I had the space. The plan is to stack other cages on top of it in a bookshelf like manner. Anyways, it turned into one of those projects where you didn't know what you were getting yourself into until you started it, and it turns out a 6x2x2 BARELY fits through your average door frame. So lets say a couple years from now I go and buy a Tegu or a Monitor, something that requires like a 8x4xwhatever. How do people with those huge reptiles get the cages in the door!? The only answer I could come up with was only make the cage 2 feet high (not ideal) and flip it so you can squeeze it through the door. Really random question I know. That's why we are in the "Off Topic" section lol.
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

Re: Random question

Postby NickBrahz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:35 pm

I would imagine it would be the same deal with getting a bed or similar in the room, you take it in while it is in pieces and put it together in the room and if you need to take it out you just unpack it.
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Commanderday » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Yeah I guess you could just build it in segments like a puzzle. What a pain.
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:54 am

...most doors, I believe, are 3 feet wide, or close to it. A 2 foot door seems really narrow to me... But yeah, good point; make sure whatever you get, or build, will fit through the doors of the place it's going ...or coming out of.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Commanderday » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:05 pm

hmm, well i built a 6x2x2 and it went through but it was pushing it. sooooo unless my cuts are really off... hmmm

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”