Preparing food.

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider

Preparing food.

Postby NickBrahz » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 pm

I notice new owners are sometimes unsure how to get there bubs to eat veggies or fruits so thisi s just a basic guide to show what a lot of us owners do to prepare food, it is more cost effective, easier and healthier for the Skinks.

I would like to start off that i recommend that each time you make a batch of food to slightly vary the ingredients, for example 1 batch might be:
Beef dog food, chicken dog food, pok choy, bok choy, green beans, carrot, celery.
And the next might be:
5 kind of meats dog food, lamb loaf & veggies dog food, green capsicum, cucumber, Zucchini, green beans.

I would also like to note that i personally dont add fruits to the mix, i add them on top of the food on the day of feeding, here is some pictures to show the process.
CAM01422.jpg

CAM01426.jpg

CAM01429.jpg

CAM01432.jpg

CAM01434.jpg

Take out the food cubes the day or 2 before feeding depending on how long it takes to defrost where you are, if still not thawed when you need to feed them a few seconds in the microwave will fix that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skinks101
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Preparing food.

Postby skinks101 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:44 am

Nice job, I do a similar recipe. :D

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”