Rango

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Rango

Postby Commanderday » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Last week I sort of inherited Rango as a rescue. I am the fourth owner from what I have been told, and I am the last. :D I do not know Rango's original owner, however, I do know the last two. The second is my first cousin. She acquired him from her friend who no longer found interest in him. She quickly realized the amount of money and responsibility it takes to house a reptile. He was then passed to my older brother. He has upgraded his enclosure, purchased new heat bulbs, and added the required UVB lighting. (From what I understand he did not have any UVB and they are required for Bearded's). He like my cousin quickly realized the amount of time he would take. With two jobs he was unable to give him the attention he needs. He knew I recently purchased Pablo and knows I love reptiles. He offered Rango up for the price of continuing to give him an unlimited supply of attention and to continue upgrading his enclosure. I accepted with open arms of course. I am unsure of his age. Based on his sized I am sure he is over a year. I anyone has experience with Beardie's please share your input. Here is my new addition to the family. Rango (the not so green chameleon).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Rango

Postby splashy07 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:55 am

Aww, love beardies. Was a blast breeding them but waaaay too much work. "He" sort of looks like a 'she'...can I see a picture of the underneath? Sort of small head for a male but I've seen some boys like that. Awesome that you are giving him a good home after so many owners. Definitely at least a year, I'd say older but growth rates vary. Most well-fed beardies are adult or close to adult size in 8-9 months! Yours is adorable, all the best to you and your new acquisition! I've only got one now, but have kept bearded dragons since they first became available back in the early 90s. Had a lot more space back then, now the blueys have sort of taken over..........!!
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Commanderday » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Here is an underneath shot. I hope this helps. That would be kind of funny if it turned out "he" is a "she". (By the way the "boobies" shirt is breast cancer awareness, sorry about that).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Commanderday » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Thought maybe you might need to see underneath the tail as well.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:26 am

Hahhha didn't even notice the shirt, was too busy trying to figure out what you have there!! LOL
Last picture with tail lifted suggests male, maybe you can examine better in person, holding the tail like that
can you see slight left and right bulges at the base of tail ? Looks that way to me. Aside from looking a bit light (males as adults can be picky feeders) he looks fine to me! You are an awesome person to take him forever. Many get tired of their bearded dragons and bring them back to stores or sell on craigslist, and it is so sad for them as they thrive on routine.
All the best to you and your new dragon!
Commanderday
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Commanderday » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:02 pm

I walked in to turn his and Pablo's basking lights on in the morning and he was shedding. Maybe that would explain the light coloration he had going on. I soaked him in the tub for about five or so minutes. Was sort of funny, he just laid in it with his eyes closed like "awwww yeah". It was deep enough to cover most of his body but shallow enough to where he could still stand. Your observation would also suggest why I have such a hard time getting him to eat his greens. I have to hand feed it to him and make it move. Little turd lol. Overall he is a great addition. I'm glad I took him in. Beardie's really do have an interesting and funny personality. :D
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 am

My boy used to love his greens, but now turns his nose up at them. He absolutely adores those flukers pellets with the freeze fried bugs in them, can hear him crunching from another room! (He eats them dry!!) He is in brumation now, for about three weeks already hasn't come out of his hide. Another common thing for the boys to do. Have had females do it too, but not as often as I've seen males. When he comes out he eats like a slob for a few days then used to go crazy when I still had females here, I guess he could 'smell' them when breeding season arrived (was usually early march). I no longer have my females here, both are residing with friends now as I'm not breeding them anymore and don't want to stress him out by having them around. And yes, beardies are cute, curious playful pets. Love 'em.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”