Reptile Art

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower

Postby Linnea » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:00 am

for anyone interested in trying computer drawing ( you will need a wacom pen ot fully utilize the functions):

SAI will always be my preffered program. worth all money and time it takes to learn it! super colouring, shading.

gimp is not worth any time ( in my opinion ). never had so much trouble with any other program.

comicworks is super for any type of black/white inking. everything gets a very special style, i like it, but its different. not good for other than basic colouring.

alchemy is for doing irregular patterns and backgrounds.

manga studio is also excellent for inking, this is the program a lot of american comic artists use for marvel, but it takes to sime to learn, and is distinctively different from comicworks inking. has colouring abilities much like comicworks, but many other functions that are good.

corel paint has gotten good response, ive never used it, but the colouring seems to be good.

photoshop - always good. if not used alltogether, its often used as a finishing touch to all the drawings you see.

there are many more, but these are the ones ive tried/have/use or hear about a lot.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 am

Lightchii, Im going to have to harass you with questions whenever I get around to figuring out how to use SAI :lol: I found GIMP incredibly confusing, but its free and I thought that may have been because I was so used to Photoshop so thats why I suggested it, as I have friends who have produced some great stuff on GIMP~

Ill have to have a look into Comic Works and Manga Studio, they sound like they would be of interest to me! :D I got a free copy of Corel with my tablet, but unfortunately for some reason it doesnt work, and so I cant add anything to that~

I just finished a dragon one, but since Ive taken up enough room on this thread, Ill just link it :lol:

http://xdeathcricket.deviantart.com/#/d49qeyt
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl

Postby missmacabre » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 pm

I love those tattoo designs Nae! Amazing, makes me want another tat :lol: I would love the BTS as a tat on my right arm, would compliment the rat I have on my left arm which is slightly tribal in design too. Not that I'll ever have the money to get another tat in the near future lol.

Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:03 pm

I use Gimp, but I don't do anything very tricky with it. But the magical trick I do where I make people an avatar is all gimp! :lol: The BF can use Gimp and do some incredible things but he isn't very artsy, just good with computers.

MissM - pics of that tattoo? I want to see it!! :D
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl

Postby missmacabre » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Katrina wrote:I use Gimp, but I don't do anything very tricky with it. But the magical trick I do where I make people an avatar is all gimp! :lol: The BF can use Gimp and do some incredible things but he isn't very artsy, just good with computers.

MissM - pics of that tattoo? I want to see it!! :D

Ok so the tat isn't really 'tribal' but thats just what the design makes me think of:

The photo doesn't do it justice though.

Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:43 am

Haha! Thats so cute! Id say its tribal, just very simple :D I want to do a rat now!

Anywho, I got around to resizing my dragon a bit-

This was the very first one I actually drew, haha~

And trying something new, a mix of knot work and tribal -

A gecko! Its based off of a leopard gecko, hence the spots. I dont really think I like the head very much...Any suggestions?

And Ill link a scorpion~ http://xdeathcricket.deviantart.com/#/d4a2r2w

Im having way too much fun with these designs :lol: I should probably stop posting stuff...Haha~ I have WAY too much time on my hands...
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower

Postby Linnea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:16 pm

the gecko is really awesome! i adore how you made the feet!

about suggestions for the head, a geckos eyes are very big and appealing on many of the species : D
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby MissMeg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:02 pm

I love the gecko aswell (I love all your tribals) I like the circles going threw him
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby MissMeg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Katrina wrote:MissM - pics of that tattoo? I want to see it!! :D

I cant remeber what tattoo.. Is it the drawing of the gecko.. Or the tattoo I want to get. I wanted to get a tattoo of Ruckus ( as realisitic as I can get it) looking up at me on my foot with his tounge sticking out.

In other words I want it to look like Ruckus is trying to climb on my foot/leg lol
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:13 pm

MissMeg wrote:
Katrina wrote:MissM - pics of that tattoo? I want to see it!! :D

I cant remeber what tattoo.. Is it the drawing of the gecko.. Or the tattoo I want to get. I wanted to get a tattoo of Ruckus ( as realisitic as I can get it) looking up at me on my foot with his tounge sticking out.

In other words I want it to look like Ruckus is trying to climb on my foot/leg lol

I think Kat means Missmacabres tattoo - Although if you have a tattoo, lets see! :D

And thankyou! Those circles took so long 0.0 And thats a good point Lightchii...I think I may have to have a play around with the desgin~
Hopeful_Herper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Hopeful_Herper » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:40 am

Alright, this time I actually spent some time on my submission.

I know it is just an eye and really it could belong to any animal, but while I drew it I thinking of it as reptilian so there. Plus it's green.
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby MissMeg » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 am

Nae wrote:I think Kat means Missmacabres tattoo - Although if you have a tattoo, lets see! :D

Opps my bad. I spent some time looking for a post that I posted about a tattoo and I couldent find it lol. Im not going insane.. well more insane than I already am lol
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl

Postby missmacabre » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Nae, could you do a tat of a mouse? Maybe the same tribal design? I really want a mouse tat :lol: Love the gecko too!

Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 pm

MissMeg wrote:
Nae wrote:I think Kat means Missmacabres tattoo - Although if you have a tattoo, lets see! :D

Opps my bad. I spent some time looking for a post that I posted about a tattoo and I couldent find it lol. Im not going insane.. well more insane than I already am lol

:doh:

Oops - there are two MissMs. I need to think of new nicknames. Well, maybe you can be MissM and MissMacabre can just be Rat Girl! :lol:
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Hopeful_Herper, Im still amazed you can pull off such clean lines and such in Paint! And I can most certainly try a mouse 'Rat Girl' ;). (Kat, has it always said Rat Girl under Miss Macabres name?? Or did you just add that?? I cracked up when I saw it :lol: )
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Nae wrote:(Kat, has it always said Rat Girl under Miss Macabres name?? Or did you just add that?? I cracked up when I saw it :lol: )

I originally had her title be "Miss Mouse" but she PMd and said lots of people call her Rat Girl so I changed it to that. It is a very recent change! :lol:

I wouldn't have used Rat Girl if she hadn't mentioned that she is ok with it!
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl

Postby missmacabre » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Katrina wrote:
Nae wrote:(Kat, has it always said Rat Girl under Miss Macabres name?? Or did you just add that?? I cracked up when I saw it :lol: )

I originally had her title be "Miss Mouse" but she PMd and said lots of people call her Rat Girl so I changed it to that. It is a very recent change! :lol:

I wouldn't have used Rat Girl if she hadn't mentioned that she is ok with it!

Lol I take it as a compliment when people call me rat girl :lol: Though I only have 2 rats atm, the least number I've had in 6 years. Must...get....more lol.

Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 am

Really? I never saw Miss Mouse there~ :lol:

Taadaa! Mouse! -

http://xdeathcricket.deviantart.com/#/d4ab3fd
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:51 am

Aww!! LOVE the eyes and whiskers.
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl

Postby missmacabre » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Nae wrote:Really? I never saw Miss Mouse there~ :lol:

Taadaa! Mouse! -

http://xdeathcricket.deviantart.com/#/d4ab3fd

That is SO cute! I want it as a tat lol, where would be a good place to get it? Not that I can afford to atm, but I can dream lol :lol:

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”