Survey question #3 (education)

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!

How many years of schooling do you have after high school?

None
23%
1-2 years
20%
2-4 years
17%
more than 4 years
40%

Total votes: 30
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery

Survey question #3 (education)

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:42 pm

How many years of schooling do you have after high school?
Last edited by Jeff on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 pm

How about a still in school option?
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist

Postby Coomassie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 am

Oh, I'm still in school but I just put more than 4 years because I'm in a PhD program. I've lost count but I think I'm at 6 years past high school...I try not to think about it...
Cay T.
Krippschick
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Krippschick » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:20 pm

We are constantly taking some educational courses, inservices, and such at work. But, I answered as to how much college time I did lol.
You Only Live Once.

*Nikki*
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:08 am

Geez - near or below the bottom with most of these, like this one.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
DragonBeards
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby DragonBeards » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:59 pm

I put 1-2 years, as I'm in my first year of college (and highschool, I'm doing a program called Running Start that allows me to do both), but by the time I'm done I'll have 8+ under my belt. Becoming a forensic pathologist (AKA medical examiner, AKA Ducky or Palmer from NCIS) is not a walk on easy street (but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm excited. Call me weird, but...)
There goes my love again
Here goes my heart with him (beating forever)
Love will have no end
There goes my love again
- Michelle Tumes
Krippschick
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Krippschick » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

DragonBeards wrote:I put 1-2 years, as I'm in my first year of college (and highschool, I'm doing a program called Running Start that allows me to do both), but by the time I'm done I'll have 8+ under my belt. Becoming a forensic pathologist (AKA medical examiner, AKA Ducky or Palmer from NCIS) is not a walk on easy street (but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm excited. Call me weird, but...)

Awesome! I thought about continuing my education, and I love forensics, but due to my nature I cannot. I also wanted to go to school initially for a vet, but again I cannot. I am the biggest softy in the world, I can barely kill a bug, so putting an animal down would be too much for me to do personally. Forensics...though interesting...I couldn't deal with being a medical examiner in a case involving a child dying. I also choose not to work pediatrics, since I find it way to sad to seeing children with cancer and such. I have a huge respect for you and the others that do those jobs. Congratz on choosing such a interesting and rewarding career, and good luck with all your studies. :)
You Only Live Once.

*Nikki*
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist

Postby Coomassie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:43 am

Krippschick wrote:
DragonBeards wrote:I put 1-2 years, as I'm in my first year of college (and highschool, I'm doing a program called Running Start that allows me to do both), but by the time I'm done I'll have 8+ under my belt. Becoming a forensic pathologist (AKA medical examiner, AKA Ducky or Palmer from NCIS) is not a walk on easy street (but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm excited. Call me weird, but...)

Awesome! I thought about continuing my education, and I love forensics, but due to my nature I cannot. I also wanted to go to school initially for a vet, but again I cannot. I am the biggest softy in the world, I can barely kill a bug, so putting an animal down would be too much for me to do personally. Forensics...though interesting...I couldn't deal with being a medical examiner in a case involving a child dying. I also choose not to work pediatrics, since I find it way to sad to seeing children with cancer and such. I have a huge respect for you and the others that do those jobs. Congratz on choosing such a interesting and rewarding career, and good luck with all your studies. :)

I know exactly how you feel. I spent one summer in a lab with animal work. I had to remove rat livers. I was miserable the whole time and I swore off animal work after that. I didn't go into biology (I was a much better biologist then chemist) because I just didn't have the stomach for it.
Cay T.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”