First litter of the season!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

First litter of the season!

Postby splashy07 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

First northerns arrived today. So cute, this never gets old. 14.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: First litter of the season!

Postby kayla990 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 pm

So adorable!! Congratz ^__^ really cool to see the different patterns!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
Gsxrgrl21
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Gsxrgrl21 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:16 am

Oh my goodness they are cute!! Is this litter going to be available to buy?
Proud mommy to 1: 3 year old Beagle/Pit Bull named Rhane,1: 6 year old Bearded Dragon named Reptar, 2: Crested Geckos named Simba and Charmander, 1: Leopard Gecko named Naga :D
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:40 am

Adorable!!
How did there Mum get on? How long did it take all together?
They have such cute pointy little faces haha, I want one!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 am

Yes, there will be a few available but I am currently not shipping.
I don't know how long the entire event took as it always happens when I am at work. I came home to watch three more born after I thought she was done and I cleaned up! Mom is fine, it's her third year. She gets next year off while I concentrate on another line.
lifesagame
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lifesagame » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:26 am

So cute and tiny, I love seeing all the colour and pattern variations there are in baby skink litters.
tamella
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: Ella Tam

Postby tamella » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:08 pm

I can't wait till they are ready!
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 am

jealous …. baby bts are goofy little guys …. reminds me of when George and Mildred came home with us from the breeder …. pocket sized and loved exploring and snuggles.

What are you feeding to them at this stage ?
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 am

They're eating high end dog/cat food and lots of bugs. They also love the baby beardie
pellets from Flukers that have freeze dried bugs in there, they pick all those out first. They
eat it dry. When I used to breed beardies this is the only pelleted food they would eat. I don't
know if you guys over there can get Flukers? Anyway, anyone interested they'll be ready to go
6/16. Should have another litter late July, and still waiting on the Easterns. Hate to see them go,
breaks my heart every year!! At five days old now they are little eating machines!
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 am

splashy07 wrote:They're eating high end dog/cat food and lots of bugs. They also love the baby beardie
pellets from Flukers that have freeze dried bugs in there, they pick all those out first. They
eat it dry. When I used to breed beardies this is the only pelleted food they would eat. I don't
know if you guys over there can get Flukers? Anyway, anyone interested they'll be ready to go
6/16. Should have another litter late July, and still waiting on the Easterns. Hate to see them go,
breaks my heart every year!! At five days old now they are little eating machines!

Would the pellets be ok for slightly older blueys aswell? (6months) just googled them and they look great, think Ventress would like them for a change every now and again.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:28 am

Sure, I use the larger size when they are older. The tiny ones for juvenile beardies are what they're eating now. Theres an adult beardie size too. I put it in their dry food bowl now and then, my shingle loves it. I mix bananas in it for her. I give my adults Great plains feast holistic dry food (for dogs) they are small disc shaped pellets that my skinks like too.
The beardie pellets have freeze dried insects in there, sometimes they pick all those out first and look at me like I'm
going to give them some more....Nope, eat it all first!!
Taliats
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Taliats » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 am

Still can't get over their disproportionate heads when they are babies. They look so ridiculous and I love it.
Suzle87
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Suzle87 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:04 pm

splashy07 wrote:Sure, I use the larger size when they are older. The tiny ones for juvenile beardies are what they're eating now. Theres an adult beardie size too. I put it in their dry food bowl now and then, my shingle loves it. I mix bananas in it for her. I give my adults Great plains feast holistic dry food (for dogs) they are small disc shaped pellets that my skinks like too.
The beardie pellets have freeze dried insects in there, sometimes they pick all those out first and look at me like I'm
going to give them some more....Nope, eat it all first!!

Just wanted to say thanks again for suggesting these, found some that ship to uk on eBay and good Lord does Ventress love them haha! Not sure I can leave it in all the time with him though or I think he would just eat til he popped!
Cherbear
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Cherbear » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 am

Congrats! Great litter!
Cheryl Matula
200+ Tiliqua scincoides intermedia
5.5 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides
0.0.1 Tiliqua sp.
1.1.1 Tilqua nigrolutea
0.1.8 Tiliqua gigas keyensis
1.0.2 Tiliqua gigas gigas

http://www.bluetongueskink.com
http://www.instagram.com/morph_graphics
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks, Cheryl! Sure wish I had the space to keep a hundred fifty of them!!! I'm beating myself up trying to find room for one I want to hold back!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”