Wild Eastern

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
mrhoyo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Wild Eastern

Postby mrhoyo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:04 am

Saw this this little dude nearly get squashed whilst crossing the road. We were on holiday in Australia, he was about half an hour south of Brisbane.
Wild Eastern Blue Tongue https://imgur.com/gallery/xiWRw
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Wild Eastern

Postby Janella » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Must have been amazing to see. Glad it didn't get smushed!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:51 am

Ahhh, what a beauty. To think what I have to pay for those over here....and there goes one crossing the street. What I wouldn't do to see that, but on another note I would never be the same again if I saw one squished on the road. I would have to be institutionalized for sure. My love for these goes above and beyond.
mrhoyo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby mrhoyo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 am

splashy07 wrote:Ahhh, what a beauty. To think what I have to pay for those over here....and there goes one crossing the street. What I wouldn't do to see that, but on another note I would never be the same again if I saw one squished on the road. I would have to be institutionalized for sure. My love for these goes above and beyond.

My thoughts were very similar, they're easily in the mid hundreds of £ here. Seeing large groups of cockatoos was even more peculiar, I think they're about a grand each here and there were hundreds flying around.
I'm sure Australians would feel the same about our native wildlife too if they were allowed to keep any of it.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 am

Yes, very true. It's always what you can't have that you want. Human nature.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 am

I see way too many of these dead on suburban streets , some dropkicks actually aim for them and try to squash them on purpose.

I regularly pull over if I can do so safely and shepherd them away from danger if I see them basking on the edge of the road or on the curb.

I usually get at least one take up residence under my house each summer. I give the left over pet beardie and pet BTS food to it and the resident wild water skinks and delicate skinks and the occasional itinerant eastern water dragons who hang about for a while most summers.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”