Healthy Bts?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Sandrosirius
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Healthy Bts?

Postby Sandrosirius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello, I just created this account to ask this one thing. Do you think the Blue tongue skink in the attached picture looks healthy? It would be my first bluey and I wouldn't want to buy a sick animal. I think it's hips look kinda skinny, but I might be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!
"She's" apparently about 1,5 years old and is currently shedding
IMG_1506373583_97440.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Healthy Bts?

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Get it off the sand!!! Sand is bad for skinks because when they flick their tongues the sand can stick to it and they can swallow it. Change the substrate and see if it looks better. It looks a bit skinny. Has it been eating or pooping?
Sandrosirius
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Sandrosirius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 pm

EricaLikeBurrito wrote:Get it off the sand!!! Sand is bad for skinks because when they flick their tongues the sand can stick to it and they can swallow it. Change the substrate and see if it looks better. It looks a bit skinny. Has it been eating or pooping?

Well I don't have it yet! This is just a potential candidate, but since i live in austria there aren't many contestants. I wouldn't mind a skinny skink, but people I asked said it might have parasites and I wouldn't want to pay a huge medical Bill for the animal instead of just buying a healthy one
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:07 am

Looks extremely thin. Possibly a recent import. If you decide to purchase this animal I think you should stop at the vet on your way home.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”