Dust in scales.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Ohgeez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Dust in scales.

Postby Ohgeez » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Hey all! My guy has quite a bit of dust built up on his head scales (on his 'third eye') from digging about. Its tough and won't wipe away, and I think it was around before his last shed as well. Any advice on how I can remove it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Dust in scales.

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Have you tried rubbing a little water on its head (gently and only a couple drops at a time)
Ohgeez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Ohgeez » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:07 am

I did try gently wiping it with a damp cloth. He could only tolerate it for a few moments before trying to escape lol
Ohgeez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Ohgeez » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Good news is i managed to dislodge it with water, poor guy really didnt enjoy it lol but im glad to see it all clean again. I had gotten worried when just a damp cloth wouldn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”