Shedding too much?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Maple
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Shedding too much?

Postby Maple » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 am

I got my skink at the end of June, his previous owner said he is 9-12 months old. Since I've had him he has shed twice, and is getting ready to shed again! Is this too often? Is something wrong?

Also, I do not know if it's a boy or a girl. I heard to watch out for sperm plugs. When does that usually happen? What does it look like?

Thanks,
Maple
EricaLikeBurrito
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Shedding too much?

Postby EricaLikeBurrito » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 pm

I don't think you should worry too much if it's shedding a lot. If there aren't any other symptoms present, it might just be growing fast. Check your humidity and temperature levels and make sure it's in the proper rang for you BTS. Sperm plugs can happen when they are as young as 6 months old but they usually occur when they are around a year old. They pretty much look like a giant sperm cell. This link should help you.

http://bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm#gender

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”