new irian jaya

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
lolaslizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

new irian jaya

Postby lolaslizard » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:01 pm

We are new to this site ,my name is Darcie and my daughter lola and i just got our first Blue tongued skink ( well first reptile for that matter). i did weeks of research and found a great "reptile guy" locally however its a holiday and he cant be reached. we picked up "Azul Biru" 2 days ago he is aporox 6 months old. we currently have a 30 × 12 in tank while he is young and we are waiting for our custom buik 55 gallon. so im probably silly but when we initially put him in the new tank he stayed in view for a few hour but has since hidden away and not come back out. i put a small bowl of the foods he likes in the cage with him this morning but i dont think he has touched it yet. should i worry? do i need to uncover him and feed him directly ?, how long should i give him to adapt before i disturb him?
i would love some imput
thank you
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: new irian jaya

Postby Janella » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Definitely give the little guy about 2 weeks to adjust. Offer food and water daily, clean the enclosure as needed, but absolutely no handling at first. Talk to it, offer tasty treats by hand, but just go nice and slow. Hopefully, once your new little one feels more secure it will come around.
lolaslizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lolaslizard » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:12 pm

" Definitely give the little guy about 2 weeks to adjust. Offer food and water daily, clean the enclosure as needed, but absolutely no handling at first. Talk to it, offer tasty treats by hand, but just go nice and slow. Hopefully, once your new little one feels more secure it will come around.........."

if i cant see him to offer treats by hand should i move rhings to look for him or just let him be?
thanks for the response so quickly
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:14 pm

No problem. I would personally leave him be, unless he comes out. Then offer tasty treats by hand. Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”