Succulents

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Becr79
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Succulents

Postby Becr79 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:04 pm

HI there. Just wondering if anyone knows if succulents are safe to plant in my by tank. I know they get dug up but succulenys are easy to replant. They are hardy and don't require much water so would be perfect in the tank. My cats dig them up all the time :heated: Just need to know if they're safe? :noknow:
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Succulents

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 am

Not a good idea .
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Succulents

Postby splashy07 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 am

Wouldn't use any live plants in cage. Unless you grew these plants yourself organically there is no way of telling if they were grown in soil containing pesticides like many commercially marketed plants are, and you wouldn't want to chance your BT taking a bite. Live plants are fine for small insectivores, but I wouldn't use for any type of animal that might try and eat some.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”