Squeaking while pooping?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Versiris
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Squeaking while pooping?

Postby Versiris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Here goes a strange question... my BTS has been squeaking when he defecates for a few months now. I'm not sure how often he does it but sometimes it wakes me up in the morning (I look over and he's staring at me, mouth open and squeezing one out... lovely thing to wake up to lol) It sounds like he's straining but the stools seem normal, urates are sometimes hard. Today he squeaked / strained and only dropped a sperm plug and small urate.

Is this normal or worth a vet visit? I googled this but could only find this other thread from 2011.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Squeaking while pooping?

Postby splashy07 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:03 pm

My Eastern does that all the time. It's actually hilarious...when I first got him I didn't know what the sound was, I live next to a playground and I thought it was children screaming. Now I know it's just my little Gogootz passing gas...and he looks like he's smiling at me when he does. Boys...
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Squeaking while pooping?

Postby Y33T » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:11 am

I just experienced this with my 1 year old eastern. Her poop isn't dry at all and her urates are soft and all white. She basks and eats just fine too. I assumed it was because of the temperature, I noticed she shrieks louder while cold as ice and she squeaks quietly or make no sound at all when she's warm.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”