Chinese Crocodile Lizard

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
The Bearded Derek
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Chinese Crocodile Lizard

Postby The Bearded Derek » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, please move it if so.

Lately I've been trying to look for a Chinese Crocodile Lizard (Shinisaurus Crocodiluris) hatchling for sale, but I haven't been able to and I've been wondering if there's someone here, or someone that knows of a breeder that sells them. I'm interested in buying a hatchling of about 4-7 weeks old, don't mind the gender (Preferably a male, however).

I know that there was a farm that sold them for about $450 plus shipping(Agama International) but that farm has been sold and I can't find the new owners and/or if they even sell them, I also know that Underground Reptiles sometimes sells them when they have, but they sell them for about $650, which my budget is $500.

Trying to look for one that will possibly grow up into a color just like this one or very similar to this one:
(Not really interested in ones that are high red completely. As long as it has a red and green body, I'm happy with it.)

If someone knows of a breeder that's currently selling hatchlings, please let me know :D
or PM me, if you wish.

By the way, I live in South Florida.
Beards everywhere for everyone! lol
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Chinese Crocodile Lizard

Postby splashy07 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Bob at Repxotica has a pair breeding now. Check out their site, they are located in west islip on Long Island. I was visiting him over the weekend and witnessed the pairing!
The Bearded Derek
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby The Bearded Derek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, I almost thought no one knew of anyone that had this species :)

Sorry for my very late reply lol. After a couple of weeks of checking for replies, I stopped checking completely.
Beards everywhere for everyone! lol
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:00 pm

I have never seen them anywhere else. Truly a unique and gorgeous species, just a bit too high maintenance for me. I love them! I should have taken some pictures, if they are out and about next time I will and show you.
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK

Postby mark_w » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:21 pm

These are available as captivebred neonates (they don't lay eggs and so don't hatch!) in Europe fairly frequently. Just make sure that you consider temperatures - they need to be kept cool, and with you being in Florida that may/may not be easy...

Mark.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”